minor Certs one for each job

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdosanjh

Reaction score
Doing several minor works in property

fcu for whirlpool bath

Add sockets to kitchen all notifiable

Shud i issue one minor works cert for each circuit I'm working on which seems right according to layout of Certs

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the reality is.....

If you have got to ask this...... :_|

You are not competent to be working alone....

So either ask your boss....

Or go back and read the guidance in BS7671............. :C

Hopefully when you go back and read the notes on the use of certs..

You may come to the conclusion that providing all the essential test results are documented..

you can write them how you like....

1 single EIC...

Or multiple MWC's//

Or your own customised form based on the models given in the Appendix of BS7671...

Don't they teach anything at college nowadays!!!!! headbang

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:07 ----------

Student or DIY area anyone??

Nothing!!!!

They take ur money5000!!

ur now fully qualified spark

And say you can earn 50000 a year that's Wat they taught me!!!

The forms we used were off the iet website they only catered for one job!!

Use one MWC for each circuit worked on & notify as needed.

Me fee for the info is

Thanks pal!!! As for the invoice send it to the professor who knows eveything at the top of the page!! ;)

I'm only asking a valid point if not sure put it to the forum??? Know it all

Nothing!!!! They take ur money5000!!

ur now fully qualified spark

And say you can earn 50000 a year that's Wat they taught me!!!

The forms we used were off the iet website they only catered for one job!!
sue them,

you are NOT a qualified Electrician, (debatable according to some sources, but Id like to see a defence in court)

you are NOT legally allowed to work unsupervised, reg 16 EAWR,

anyone that is foolish enough to pay

It don't bother me 17th 2391 part p qualified and nic registered and ltd status makes me laugh all in a space of 6months!!

Only ever did inspect and test one week in a booth and then in my exam

Along with electricians from all areas and with so many years of experience and not one of these plonkers could put there experience into practice with me the only one passing!!!

Even my assessor said that I Shud get some experience before sitting this exam. just GN3 and hey presto!!!

My point being it may take me 1 year it may take me 2years but I'll defo earn that 50k a year

Why not earn 50k a year? I earn that on the books for a jib company! Why have the hassle of self employment if your not even earning 50k?

Very true steps. I don't earn 50k, because simply I have two kids and want to see them grow up. I only do domestic and being self employed would find it hard to earn 50k, year in year out. With the way things are at the min with people undercutting, and working for penny's.

U have little faith people!! Where do you think these well established firms come from they don't just fall out the skies

They started somewhere!!!

And if people with 35 years of experience and more qualifications than the city of guilds then that says a lot about him!!! He is exactly where he is and suppose to be!! Nowhere

I know plenty of sparks who earn that money and much much more !!!

I know domestic installers who earn more than that there is such a thing as a spark with a business brain. if ur content with 500 pound a week fine!!

SPARKYS OUT THERE MUST BE EARNING

Very true steps. I don't earn 50k, because simply I have two kids and want to see them grow up. I only do domestic and being self employed would find it hard to earn 50k, year in year out. With the way things are at the min with people undercutting, and working for penny's.
I agree mate, I have 3 kids but to all go away on family holidays, school trips cost of living etc needs must sometimes. I suppose I'm still relatively young in my working life so things are different. Aslong as people are happy with their lifestyles and can support themselves and their families then money is a very personal thing. If you don't need it then there's no need to aim for it! We're along time dead!!!

Well as step said, it's not just about the money. Are you another one who rips off joe public, and does a s**t job. Because by your opening post you don't no your arse from your elbow, if you don't no what cert to write.

A person with 35 yrs of practical knowledge of his trade and business is, in general, far better equipped to earn a decent living in the uncertain future than somebody with none of the above.

The ability to decide exactly how much you would like to earn per week/per year is one of the best parts of being self employed.

I've earned in excess of 50k and I've earned 25k but in general it has always been my own choice, if you need the money, put the hours in, if you want/need the time off then you can't expect the same wages.

There's nothing wrong in having the self belief to think you can earn 50k+ so good luck to the guy.

Only advice I would offer is to make sure you don't spend the money before you make it, so many new company's do this and fall by the wayside.

@samson

Listen mate theres no harm in asking a simple thing like how many jobs we can put on one cert doesn't mean you know jack!! that's why we have such forums they can be very helpful wen we've not got the green bible with us all the time!! The forum gave me an instant answer to my question!!

Just like you found out to ur response. That u ain't gonna earn 50k!! The forum told you that hey were earning and have earned more than 50k!!!

Clearly you don't know ur arse from brain and now that you know people have earned that sought of money don't be disrespecting those sparks who have worked hard to make that sought of money and lifestyle u stick to 9 to 5 and 500 a week!!!