Mobile Phones

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4tty

Scaredy cat™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Looking to upgrade my battered (glued together 4 times now) mobile PAYG and looking to go on contract so looking what phones are out there.

What phones do you lot have and especially people who use this forum on their mobile. Would like one of them big screen mobiles but is it likely to get smashed in our trade?

I like Sony Ericsson always have.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

i never break phones... i have a blackberry, (kept in leather case) and its only got usual wear and tear. before that, i had a nokia (same as my dads) and never had any problems and it never got any damage. my dad was always breaking his though...

Mines a blackberry, and kept in case as per above. Found it really good and internet access and email on it really useful, I sometimes view the forum on it when I'm bored with nothing to do on a job or sometimes to ask questions whilst on site.

Hi,Looking to upgrade my battered (glued together 4 times now) mobile PAYG and looking to go on contract so looking what phones are out there.

What phones do you lot have and especially people who use this forum on their mobile. Would like one of them big screen mobiles but is it likely to get smashed in our trade?

I like Sony Ericsson always have.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Don't forget this is tax deductible, so get one that complements your business needs, ideally a smart phone, I use an iPhone as do many others

Samsung 'Blade' GT-S5600V

Touchscreen. Bought a leather flip over case to hold it in.

24 month contract with Vodafone.

i like sony erricson phones they have the right buttons for my fat fingers !!!

go into a store and have a good play with them

i have a nokia 6303 it was the only basic raised button one i could find

I have a Blackberry Bold in a hard leather case on my belt. Gets a bit dusty on the camera lense sometimes but other than that, no problems.

I fancy an Iphone but hear that the batteries don't last very long and I can easily chew through a battery in a day on any phone.

I have a Blackberry Bold in a hard leather case on my belt. Gets a bit dusty on the camera lense sometimes but other than that, no problems. I fancy an Iphone but hear that the batteries don't last very long and I can easily chew through a battery in a day on any phone.
It's like most smartphones or any other phone that has a colour screen it drinks the the battery.

I had a mate who had Palm M125 and M130 PDA exactly the same PDA except the 130 had a colour screen he said he had to keep charging it compared to the black and white screen

got e71, keep it in a case and leave it at home, put the sim in my old phone for work then theres no prob about damaging or getting crap all over it.

I fancy an Iphone
Gay.

but hear that the batteries don't last very long and I can easily chew through a battery in a day on any phone.
I've just got an HTC Hero and I can flatten the battery in a day, but I can also make it last 3 days by turning wifi and bluetooth off, and not touching unless I need to etc... I always have a car charger on the go and also have it on charge every night regardless of whether it needs it or not so it is very rare that I end up with a flat battery on any phone no matter how much use it has.

I used to have a HTC, biggest piece of crap ever, the only good thing about it was the 110 quid I got off mazuma for it.
Which one with which OS though? That's like saying 'I used to have a laptop but it was crap so I binned it and would never have another'.