Motor Wiring Help

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stresbringer

Reaction score
Hi eveyone

I am pretty new to these forums but I was hoping that someone was willing to help me.

I have a motor which I need to wire up to a normal 3 pronged plug, however I am not 100% sure where each of the 3 wires go and to which terminals.

the pictures are below

d0e7f776-89d2-480b-b802-fdc73b0bd9f3_zps680025d2.jpg

IMG_0018_zps1a694988.jpg

The terminals I have are as follows

Terminals:

S ------> No wires connected

P ------> No Wires connected

R ------> No Wires connected

U1 ------> Black & Yellow connected

U2 ------> Red & Red/Green striped connected

Z2 ------> Blue & Red/Green stripped connected

I just need to check to see were the Live, neutral & Earth go,  I've looked at the wiring diagram above and I assume that the neutral go to U2 as labelled and I think HP HR LINE must be the live however I have no idea where to put the earth...... 

if it helps the motor if from an frying range extractor fan. and I plan to use it and replace the motor on my homemade bench sander

Any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Stresbringer

Hi eveyone

The terminals I have are as follows

Terminals:

S ------> No wires connected

P ------> No Wires connected

R ------> No Wires connected

U1 ------> Black & Yellow connected

U2 ------> Red & Red/Green striped connected

Z2 ------> Blue & Red/Green stripped connected

I just need to check to see were the Live, neutral & Earth go,  I've looked at the wiring diagram above and I assume that the neutral go to U2 as labelled and I think HP HR LINE must be the live however I have no idea where to put the earth...... 

if it helps the motor if from an frying range extractor fan. and I plan to use it and replace the motor on my homemade bench sander

Any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Stresbringer
I would say just follow the wiring diagram provided.  Live to terminal U1 and neutral to terminal U2, leaving all the other wires exactly where they are.

But if you don't recognise an earth symbol and therefore know where to connect the earth to, then I might suggest you are not actually competent to connect it.

Hint on the picture of the motor terminals, the earth symbol is upside down.

Hi, Thanks for the reply,

Lol I thought that R was the earth symbol but i had to check.  I kept looking at it and it looked like an arrow to me so wanted to be sure.

Thanks for the help ill wire it up later

Hi there, 

I havent connected it yet but yoou are correct it does have a capacitor. what do i do if it just buzzes like you say ?

thanks

The number of wires on the terminals suggests to me it does have a capacitor connected.  It should be obvious, a cylindrical shaped thing bolted to the outside of the motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts