motorised valve burnout

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy™

©Resident Geordie™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
installed wiring to a fully pumped system bit over a year ago. problem is 3 port valve keeps burning out. so far its on its 3rd valve after a year. any known main causes of this?

its a Y plan with ST600 (IIRC) programmer

never had this, i am guessing its a siemens valve. ask them to upgrade to a honeywell valve.

a lot better build and can be maintained rather than swopped, ie: switch,motor etc.

never had this, i am guessing its a siemens valve. ask them to upgrade to a honeywell valve.a lot better build and can be maintained rather than swopped, ie: switch,motor etc.
im sure its a honeywell thats installed. its just the head that has been changed in the past

Wonder if it is held in the normal position with the power applied instead of by spring return, do you think, something daft like that ?
no idea. going back there next week to check the electrics, make sure everything is switching the way it should be

change the whole valve then if there are solids in the water it may be blocked and struggling to work correctly.

i have never had a problem with a valve burning out.i have had motors stop working (10 pound) and the odd micro switch fail,very rarely the valve passes because of crud in the water then you have to swop the whole valve, it can be done live and takes less than 30 secs . :)