Mounting Bollard Light in Soil/Bark Border.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russ9898

Reaction score
Hi,

I live in an unadopted street. As a result we dont have council/highways provided lighting. Alls we have are some 1m bollard lights.

One of the neighbours reversed her 4x4 into another neighbours bollard light so it now needs replacing. I have managed to source a new replacement light however the old fitting is no longer fixed solidly due to it being pranged.

The bollard is mounted in a decorative border as you can see in the pic below (Thats a pic of our light as im sure you can see...its not mashed lol).

What would be the best way about refixing the new bollard? Dig out the old concrete, refill with self leveling post mix? allow to try and drill/fix the new bollard? The bollard has a square base and does require fixing rather than just being burried in a big lump of post mix.

Any tips/tricks appreciated.

Thanks,

Russ

It's a street that doesn't belong to the council!

As for the post i'd dig it out and start again, the only problem with digging out may be the cable running through the old concrete.

It's a street that doesn't belong to the council!As for the post i'd dig it out and start again, the only problem with digging out may be the cable running through the old concrete.
I think as you say that prob is the best bet.

If the cable does run through it ill get the old hammer and chisel out and knock the majority off, the cable is armoured so wont be easily damaged if im sensible.

Meh....Really cba to do this job lol