Napit

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Brennan

Reaction score
Somone i know has been with Napit for nearly a year, when they first got registered they had no 2391 so they got 12 months to get the qualification

anyhow within the 12 months he didnt do his 2391 so he phoned napit up and said i will be cancelling my registration because i have not taken my 2391 exam and will be registering with another provider.

They said to keep you registered with us we will forget about the 2391 qualification.

Has anyone else come across this?

Looks like they are desperate to keep people registered with them.

with Elecsa, you dont need to 2391, so im assuming that for napit, they are just asking for it for the sake of asking for it. providing he passes assessment and can show assessor that he knows what he is doing, then it should make that much difference if he has 2391 or not

thats good news! i heard the 2391 is now only valid for 5 years anyway so hopefully they just allow you to test as a competent person with parts 1 and 2 as they incorporate testing and inspection/fault diagnosis into L3 2330

with Elecsa, you dont need to 2391, so im assuming that for napit, they are just asking for it for the sake of asking for it. providing he passes assessment and can show assessor that he knows what he is doing, then it should make that much difference if he has 2391 or not
I thought Napit insisted on having 2391?

yes, but IIRC, they will give you a year to get it. and by the looks of it, even longer
No they have actually said you can continue to be registered with us and never have to get it

No they have actually said you can continue to be registered with us and never have to get it
well if i had of know that a few years ago, then i may have been registered with them. at the time, is was going to be a choice of napit or elecsa, ut elecsa was easier to join

looks like im going with napit when when i qualify then! I wasnt looking forward to having to fork out at least another

going to get 301 out the way first then i'm going to find out whats going on with that

I was going to say thank god for that as I can't see me getting my 2391 before September. I cant ensure that I can book a weeks course so far in advance when work is so sporadic.

However, they will soon catch on if everyone is going to try it on with them.