Need help from experienced electricians! part 1

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John_d

Reaction score
Hi there everyone! I am doing a home course to become an electrician in the future, and I am about to send in my tutor marked assessments. It is roughly 600 hundred questions, but I have the following questions, that I am not quite sure about. Please help me, if you think that my answers are incorrect. I do not expect you to give me the right answer, if you don

John, you have been sold down the river by the company that you bought this course from. This course was originally designed for experienced electricians that lacked a paper qualification, not for people completely new to the industry. If I were you, I would ask for a refund and spend that cash at a local college to learn this stuff.

AndyGuinness

Concur. If you don`t know these, the company should not have sold you the course. Get your money back.

If it were really that easy to be a spark, why did many of us spend years studying & learning our trade????

Nothing against you mate - but you`ve been had!

These are a few wrong ones i think

2 is B

5 is D

10 is A

22 is B

23 is A

24 is D

Any wrong ? I've had a rubbish day which can't get any worse so feel free to correct me.

Who you training with mate? What did/are you doing currently for a job?

:)

"If it were really that easy to be a spark............"

Hi KME

Do you thing following that questions, this course is not properly to be a domestic electrician?

Im asking you because I follow the same course but only to get my UK qualifications. Im from abroad

"If it were really that easy to be a spark............"Hi KME

Do you thing following that questions, this course is not properly to be a domestic electrician?

Im asking you because I follow the same course but only to get my UK qualifications. Im from abroad
These courses are designed to be for domestic but are for experienced sparks who dont have uptodate paper qualifications. Was you a sparks in your home country?

These are a few wrong ones i think2 is B

5 is D

10 is A

22 is B

23 is A

24 is D

Any wrong ? I've had a rubbish day which can't get any worse so feel free to correct me.

Who you training with mate? What did/are you doing currently for a job?

:)
24 is C mate

I hv all answers from my tutor,doeing the same course .New Career Skills

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 17:56 ---------- Previous post was made at 17:53 ----------

These courses are designed to be for domestic but are for experienced sparks who dont have uptodate paper qualifications. Was you a sparks in your home country?
Yes KME

More industrial mate..... High Voltage.......three phase.........Power generators.........Maintenance..............

P.S. So Sorry mate for your lost.

KOKO

Hello and welcome.

What type of course are you doing? 4day? 4week?

it is possible that you have not been had as such, you may get your 17th ed and building regs but you will find it hard getting a job, for a start you wont get a jib card that says sparky on it, so that rules out building sites, and many time serverd sparks would find it cheaper to get an apprentis in.

They also dont teach you hot to rip up a floor board or feed a cable down a wall, so when you get to a customers house you may struggle.

I have been honest in the past with this forum and admitted that i am a 4 week wonder (though i am going to be going to collage for about 3 years soon to get the propper quals).

If you can give us more info on the course i will give my jugement.

Please also remember that most.of the people on here are long time sparks will all the quals and know what they are talking about, they find it annoying ( and rightly so) yhat some one can spend 4 weeks on in a unit and walk.out 'qualified' so dont take any harsh comments to heart. Beleve me this forum.is better than the dark side for help!

Best of luck

Paul

Ps.. Sorry for typos, using a phone with sasuage fingers

Hello and welcome.What type of course are you doing? 4day? 4week?

it is possible that you have not been had as such, you may get your 17th ed and building regs but you will find it hard getting a job, for a start you wont get a jib card that says sparky on it, so that rules out building sites, and many time serverd sparks would find it cheaper to get an apprentis in.

They also dont teach you hot to rip up a floor board or feed a cable down a wall, so when you get to a customers house you may struggle.

I have been honest in the past with this forum and admitted that i am a 4 week wonder (though i am going to be going to collage for about 3 years soon to get the propper quals).

If you can give us more info on the course i will give my jugement.

Please also remember that most.of the people on here are long time sparks will all the quals and know what they are talking about, they find it annoying ( and rightly so) yhat some one can spend 4 weeks on in a unit and walk.out 'qualified' so dont take any harsh comments to heart. Beleve me this forum.is better than the dark side for help!

Best of luck

Paul

Ps.. Sorry for typos, using a phone with sasuage fingers
The course is for 18 months Paul. But is different for every student. Depends on their capacity. I meet guys in my 1 week of practice ........they didnt know wath is a pendant(english guys)

So ....The course is from 5 practice weeks. between them you have an amount of teory to learn,asweel as to complete 2,3 or 4 paper examns and send them to be checked by post.

After you pass this examns you can book in your next practical week.

Im going in my 3th week now . that is mean 3on-line examns for: 17th, building reg, 2377 test.

believe me is not easy to lear . And the price I paid, you dont want to know......... headbang .

At the end of course ...........hopefully ...........final qualification is P.V.

Hope this is ok for an explanation

KOKO

The course is for 18 months Paul. But is different for every student. Depends on their capacity. I meet guys in my 1 week of practice ........they didnt know wath is a pendant(english guys)So ....The course is from 5 practice weeks. between them you have an amount of teory to learn,asweel as to complete 2,3 or 4 paper examns and send them to be checked by post.

After you pass this examns you can book in your next practical week.

Im going in my 3th week now . that is mean 3on-line examns for: 17th, building reg, 2377 test.

believe me is not easy to lear . And the price I paid, you dont want to know......... headbang .

At the end of course ...........hopefully ...........final qualification is P.V.

KOKO
I have just seen other post that says its with NCS. this is eho i dif my training with.

I saw all sorts on the course. everything from solicitors to postmen, some of which had no chance of making it in the real world. 1 guy even had a collins diy manual in his bay for his assesment week FFS. of cause the manual was out of date lol.

The company take advantage of what was a building boom when there was loads of work around and said you could earn 80grandp.a haha yeah right.

You need to take full advantage of the tutors and get them to explane things throughly. is martin still reading screwfix every day? Thats all he did when i was there.

Best of luck, if you need any info/ assistance pm me and i will try to help.

Paul

is martin still reading screwfix every day?
Ha ha ha.. :Applaud Yes. I so him once. But is a good guy IMHO.

You were happy when the course was done ?. Meant by amount of knoledge and confidence?

How difficult is the Building reg exam? The others Im not afraid.

Thanks

Building regs is easyenough just dont rush it as they use the NOT word alot so read all questiond througly, its not a race to finish, you better off taking your time and passing than finishing it in record time and failing

Building regs is easyenough just dont rush it as they use the NOT word alot so read all questiond througly, its not a race to finish, you better off taking your time and passing than finishing it in record time and failing
When I went in week 2, all guys from week 3 fail at this examn. So I was thinking............ OOOO MY GOODDDD should be very hard.

Were r u from? Im in London.

Please tell me this isn`t solar PV install ?!?!?!

No offence intended - but FCOL. Why not condense everything into 1 week super-duper intensive.

I`m opening a training centre is Swansea, tomorrow. 2 students per week.

S`funny - I was going to post that I`ve never seen a "phone with sausage fingers" - does it try and dial the (wrong) number for you then??

Albert: it says fail, `cos I wanted it to - The multi guesses with 4 answers, and a 75% (or has it been lowered to 60% yet?) are "officially" passes - but I`m in the real world mate.

Paddleit: Admin can`t let you use the shed - there`s 1500 sheep in there. Gawd knows where they came from :innocent

I tell you what kme, at 4 grand your course is a steal, to get the 17th it is 6grand. so gawld knows what 17th and p.v is together? It looks like its 4 weeks for thae 17th and 1 week p.v. (just to clarify though, its 4weeks onsite, the course, if done properly will take about 1 year - 18 months; not that that makes it ok, its still far to much to grasp in so little time.

As for the sasuge fingers, i have ni idea where the phrase comes from, but refers to my stubby sasaugey fingers whilst trying to use a phone keypad