Need some advice.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeymike

Reaction score
Hey all not been on for a while :D

Ok I am about to start City & Guilds 2330 Level 3 in september and I am just wondering will this be very usefull once I finish it? ofcourse I didn't get an apprenticeship as times are tough :( but even with the level 3 will I have to start the complete qaulification of the 2357 when it comes out?

Going to have to start getting back into study mode soon hehe :D

Hi Mikeymike

Doing 2330 lvl 3 will give you a valuable insight into testing and inspecting . so it will be worth it but as for doing 2357 I don't think that you would have to do that. As long as you have or update to the 17th ed and you should be competent to work safely . You could even join a scheme provider so you can sign off your work without bothering the nice people from LABC :Salute

If you can get a job in the trade you can enrol for the 2356 NVQ until December. It is not quite clear yet if you will be able to do the NVQ side of the 2357 and combine this with the 2330 L2 & 3 but there will be plenty of other people like you with 2330 L2 & 3 unable to get a CSCS card so pressure will be on the C&G to make a route for you to "full" electrician status.

After L3 you will be able to do the short version of the 17th & I'd advise considering 2392 or 2391, this should gain you "domestic installer" status. AM2 would stand you in good stead but at