New rig testing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leccyman

Reaction score
As promised here are a few picture of my test rig. I am new to the industry and have paper qualifications but no hands on expereience thats why i built this.

Photo0130.jpg

Photo0131.jpg

Photo0132.jpg

Photo0133.jpg

Photo0134.jpg

Fair play to you, it should give you some practice
default_good%20luck.gif

Just remember that out onsite the picture isn't always that clear. (If only)

As Andy has said incorporate a 2 way switch at a later date or maybe a fused connection unit incorporating a neon just to give you an idea of what kind of different readings you will get?

The good thing is that its your rig so you can play around with it. ;)

Or you could come with me and sort out the 2 way switches i seem to get so often now

Image004.jpg

3oo TDI. If I thought you were serious i would be round in a shot. Really need the experience.

is that connector connecting a brown to an earth ?

where in staffs are you?

hi lostit. no its not connected to the earth it just looks like it in the piccie. Its just got a connector block on it. I must admit though it does look like it.

Im in Tamworth, staffs. Any reason why you ask?

me too.

so any test results and what results are you going to try to get (quiz starts now)

;)

you really in tamworth???. Yes i have got results. R1.R2,RN,R1+R2,PFC,Ze,Zs, and rcd tests oh and of course continuity. Guess the results

Oi Oi i'm the quiz master Wet Fish ;)

good good. in a post i saw you say that you would not beable to get ze for the external cu i think that was all.

I have now managed to do it. I had to move the cb in the house c/u to an unprotected side. Now no testing problems. Got to get a few quid together so i can make some amendments to the rig.IE 2 way switch and intermediate and fsu. :innocent

leccyman join freecycle for tamworth .. and put a wanted add up for 3&e and some switches sockets other stuff you need ... www.freecycle.org and find your local group ..

im a member of tamwoth,lichfield,cannock,rugeley.. or try the local carboot sale for cables and stuff ...

Hi confused, i am already a memeber on Tam freecycle but have not asked for any bits,will give it a go. Wonder if I ask if i can tag along with someone I might get a result.

tamworth freecycle only day you can post a wanted add is wenesday ... so post it tuesday at 11.59 lol