New Screwdrivers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just wrap some tape around them to identify them
I do that ...it also stops my M8 claiming them as his own .      We have identical sidecutters , the ones with the stripping notches , then halfway through the day mine have suddenly become the ones the live cable blowhole in them as well , amazing how they swop themselves over. !!!

I have the Wera ones, they must be good coz someone pinched the large flat one!
Sorry - needed to open a tin of paint............

I like the CK ones.

I like both Wera and Whia.

Had some great old Stanley ones that got lost with time and not found their current offerings great. I have to say the same about their pliers and cutters - they seem to have reduced in quality somewhat over the years.

Am I the only one that seems to end up with loads of posi drives and no terminals. :C

Funny thing with tape measures ,  when an apprentice you dare not kink or damage a sparks tape measure.   The usual one was the Stanley with the belt clip which cost  £5  in pre decimal money ,  Sparks earnings  around £25  /week before tax & NI .  So a major investment .

Now they are £1  sometimes .  

Funny thing with tape measures ,  when an apprentice you dare not kink or damage a sparks tape measure.   The usual one was the Stanley with the belt clip which cost  £5  in pre decimal money ,  Sparks earnings  around £25  /week before tax & NI .  So a major investment .
Would that be from the £1 shop by any chance  :innocent

Two for £1 up here last time I bought them.  I loose them so often I would never pay more than £1 for one.

On the subject of screwdrivers, am I the only one that finds some of the flat terminal screwdrivers are too fat?

I only ever buy cheap, because I break or loose them too often, so that may be why, but it's quite common when I get a new terminal screwdriver to have to apply the grinder gently to make the blade just a little thinner, as some accessories seem to have unreasonably thin slots in the screws.

Terminals have a life of their own, agreed.    But, what about tape measures?....or is it only me that seems able to breed them in captivity
This is my problem with hammers I go in with one end up with 3

Two for £1 up here last time I bought them.  I loose them so often I would never pay more than £1 for one.
On the subject of screwdrivers, am I the only one that finds some of the flat terminal screwdrivers are too fat?

I only ever buy cheap, because I break or loose them too often, so that may be why, but it's quite common when I get a new terminal screwdriver to have to apply the grinder gently to make the blade just a little thinner, as some accessories seem to have unreasonably thin slots in the screws.
Don't grind them down....save them for MKs stuff!................FFS something has to fit their screws!   Cucking Frap

I've got abit of a mixed bag when it comes to drivers, main ones I use are whia got a full set of them and the only one I ever seem to replace is the terminal as I either loose it or snap the blade when I tighten something too big for it, also have one of those fancy insulated torque driver sets by them aswell its great on 3ph db's

Got some of the really long green/black wera drivers for the difficult work they are great cant fault them one bit

Also have a few random stubbies I've collected over the years and a black/yellow stanley flat blade for a knocking driver thats pretty much indestrucable

tried draper, ck and stanley over the years but none of them are a patch on my whias

Don't grind them down....save them for MKs stuff!................FFS something has to fit their screws!   Cucking Frap
Whia 4mm flathead fits MK gear, bloody heads on the terminal screws damage way too easily thesedays though

I try not to buy sets as different coloured ones I find are easier to spot in toolbox.
Also tend to buy Pozidrive 2 at a time as they wear more than others , quite a difference when you change to unused one .

Also need to replace the ..." Screwdriver that has no name"   ... but no one seems to have any at the moment .       You know , the one designed for MCB / RCD terminals   half Phillips half slotted thingy ,  had a couple of them but never remember what they're called.  
they're called plus minus.