New Solaredge/solarworld Install Questions

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Canoeboy said:
Most of it looks ok

The Trannergy Inverter, never heard of it, id be wanting a solar edge myself

And also make sure you get a roof survey and a handover pack with everything in it

The 10yr warranty should be insurance backed
Im fitting a lot of those at the minute,

cant comment on how good they are,

but dont seem any worse than the rest of the generic stuff,

never heard of Trannergy  = cheap s****. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Now LG do very nice 315w panles and 300W panels,so why firk about with 285W - get a bigger system. Over 20 years it is false economy. The 300w panels is roughly £50 extra, the 315W is roughly £65 extra per panel. The 300 / 315 are the Neon 2 range, only been out for about 3 months, latest tech and very, very good. 4Kw using LG and SMA is around £6300 from me, so the price is a bit high

Last edited by a moderator:
never heard of Trannergy  = cheap s****. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Now LG do very nice 315w panles and 300W panels,so why firk about with 285W - get a bigger system. Over 20 years it is false economy. The 300w panels is roughly £50 extra, the 315W is roughly £65 extra per panel. The 300 / 315 are the Neon 2 range, only been out for about 3 months, latest tech and very, very good. 4Kw using LG and SMA is around £6300 from me, so the price is a bit high

now now binky

you are starting to sound like someone else,

never heard of it so it must be rubbish,,,,,,,,,,      :slap

Last edited by a moderator:
todays solar call out for a system not ftted by me. System not outputting anything, guess what its a Trannergy that's only been fitted 6 month ago - spooky coincidence!

System behaving very strange, Inverter says everything is 'normal'. AC connection fine, Panels knocking out around 230V but no amps???. Knock off AC and DC to force a complete restart, runs through start up, shows 5w for about 3 seconds then nothing......I need to return wth a few more tools / spare bits to finish fault finding, but I suspect something has failed in the inverter. Panels are in full bright morning sunshine, and my own system which is fully shaded this time of year is knocking out 390W. Suspect the inverter is at fault

Now that is a strange coincidence. It's blowing a gale and raining here :(

Had completely forgotten about this thread, until I just tried to sign up to ask some solar and battery related questions, so I thought I'd read what I'd posted.

I went ahead with the planned Solar Edge install, all went smoothly, only thing that wasn't as neat as I'd like was the cables under the panels. Also as I found out several years later pigeons love a nice solar panel array! Our installer never offered bird protection (apparently wasn't a known problem at the time), and we didn't think of it either, so I got up there and installed it myself - I'm quite happy on the roof, or up ladders, so that wasn't an issue, oh and no more cooing! The system has worked perfectly since installation in December 2015, and the company I used are still going. Hottest temperature I've ever seen on the inverter is around 40c.

The system has produced an average of 4.358MWh per year, each panel in there respective arrays has basically generated the same, except for the two which are shaded by the boiler flue, those two are down about 10% on adjacent panels over their lifetime.