New to the forum advise needed.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crosbyrs

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

i am currently planning on starting training to be an electrician in the domestic industry.

i am a qualified network engineer but have not done any full time work in this industry.

i am 22 yrs old and based near Preston and Wigan and need to find a good training station to do my qualifications.

i am a little confused as to what qualification i will need to start first?

i will be looking at getting an electricians mate or apprenticeship job once i understand what i need to do first.

any help and advice would be appreciated.

thanks

jamie

Hi Jamie

Welcome to the best place to be , Im a few years older than you but am retraining from warehouse work to becoming an electrician whilst out of work.

I went down the path of evening courses at college C&G 2330 part 2 the first step but, 2330 is being discontinued and from what I was told at college on Tuesday they havent yet published the details of what is replacing it .

I am told it is ment to be a NVQ rolled out to work along with the 2330 replacement.

That is not the only way to go as you also have the other training companys but those seem to be frowned upon, thats not to say they dont teach you what you need to know but they fit 2 years of 6hrs a week into 20 weeks but this comes at a price.

Hope all goes well for you and best of luck in what ever path you choose.

thanks for the reply peeps and any help given.

i have just started a new thread to help me out in knowing what the first step is.