Next to no warning

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kme

Fridge Keyholder™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heyyyyyyyy,

Well, here we are in sunny Bolton. Working in Manchester, but that hotel doesn`t like workies staying there, so we`re in another hotel (same chain) 20+ miles away....

What a job! Lots of photos coming up for you - This is the first job I`ve had where the main DB is fed directly from the 6KV transformer standing NEXT to it!!!!! (1600A TPN main switch)

Think I`m going to be busy - had hopes of using a couple of my friends on the forum on this job (you know who you are), but it got sprung on us somewhat "out of the blue"!!!

We`re alright with the staff at the hotel we`re staying in, the one where we`re doing the periodic.......ignorant, surly, rude - Grrrrrrrrr.

So, I may be in & out a bit sporadically for a week or two (free wifi in the lounge only!)

KME :coffee Nah! Guinness

Heyyyyyyyy,Well, here we are in sunny Bolton. Working in Manchester, but that hotel doesn`t like workies staying there, so we`re in another hotel (same chain) 20+ miles away....

What a job! Lots of photos coming up for you - This is the first job I`ve had where the main DB is fed directly from the 6KV transformer standing NEXT to it!!!!! (1600A TPN main switch)

Think I`m going to be busy - had hopes of using a couple of my friends on the forum on this job (you know who you are), but it got sprung on us somewhat "out of the blue"!!!

We`re alright with the staff at the hotel we`re staying in, the one where we`re doing the periodic.......ignorant, surly, rude - Grrrrrrrrr.

So, I may be in & out a bit sporadically for a week or two (free wifi in the lounge only!)

KME :coffee Nah! Guinness
Isn't that where the Guinness is though???

Sounds like a good job for you
default_good%20luck.gif

Good luck! :good luck: :coffee < You may need lots of coffee! :innocent
Funny you should say that.......

First order of business for the maintenance manager this morning was to sort drinkies out. He told us that if we wanted coffee or tea, go into the bar, and tell them to book it to him. Happy days?

NO. Half eleven, we stop for a cuppa. The girl on the bar says:

"You`ve already had one this morning".

"The maintenance manager told us to do this".

"Well, how many do you intend to have a day? How long are you going to be here? Do you know how expensive that could be???"

You could have knocked me down with a damp sheet of kitchen roll!

She finally brought them (NO-ONE waiting), after 20 mins. I only wanted to have a 10 min break. Grrrr

Spoke to maintenance guy, who "sorted her out". Anybody`d think it was THEIR coffee you were supping. :red card

Get back to our hotel tonight. Meal is included, drinks aren`t. The guest care manager gave us our drinks (alcoholic) gratis, and we aren`t even working here!

You just can`t get the staff anymore.

Thanks guys, for your good wishes. Yes, a bit of hard graft over the next week or so, but hey-ho. Everybodys money can pay for my holiday:^O

KME

Look forward to the photos.

All the best with the job KME.

Make the bar birds day & take a man sized mug in for the free brew, tell her the pansy sized cups they have are u/s :D

:Applaud :Applaud:Applaud:Applaud:Applaud:Applaud

Yaaaaaahoooooooooooooooooo!

While KME's away we can raid his beer fridge again!

Party time boys..

GuinnessGuinnessGuinnessGuinness

take your time m8... :innocent

Dont rush back! :Blushing :p

Funny you should say that.......First order of business for the maintenance manager this morning was to sort drinkies out. He told us that if we wanted coffee or tea, go into the bar, and tell them to book it to him. Happy days?

NO. Half eleven, we stop for a cuppa. The girl on the bar says:

"You`ve already had one this morning".

"The maintenance manager told us to do this".

"Well, how many do you intend to have a day? How long are you going to be here? Do you know how expensive that could be???"

You could have knocked me down with a damp sheet of kitchen roll!
they will probably give you an invoice at the end for all the coffee....

And it'll be bigger than yours.
No. It won`t!

IF / when they try that; I`ll "counter-invoice" for wasted time caused by their slow staff, who caused us to have to spend longer at the job than was necessary.

Don`t honestly think they`ll try it; I could cause so much hassle to them if I wanted to be funny about things, even after I`ve finished. I`ve already got over 50 code 1 issues.

Add insult to injury - call from head contractor today:

The hotel we`re staying at needs a dimmer pack replacing........"Since you`re there..........".

It`ll make a change from PIR`ing for a few hours (they`ve allowed a day; think that includes programming :pray )

KME