NIC Assessment done for another year!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cirrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had the dreaded assessment this morning and all went through fine with zero non-compliances. Don't know why I get so worked up the night before as it is straight forward enough.

Interestingly, the assessor did point out that Part P is not disappearing and that as of next July there is a massive set of amendments out, resulting in yet another regs book! Did also say that one of the new regs will be that when we do a C/U change, we will have to incorporate either a stand-alone or integral (when the manufacturers pull their fingers out) anti-surge device which, if integral will take up 3 ways and cost around

Well done Cirrus, I'm the same when assessment time comes round.

As for the antisurge in the regs update, yes I've been told the same by the specifier/designer of a newbuild firestation in Berkshire. They have already included the devices for the build.

I was told it is for the future protection of intelligent power systems such as they are going to put in the firestation.... you swipe the door entry of your office & the rooms sockets & lighting & it networks become active.

Now I think I shall join you in a medicinal 18 year single malt........

Well done on another assessment, I do not think there is a person out there who does not gets the jitters when it comes round each year.