NIC DI and Charity shop

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As it was for mine - as Sidewinder says; I submitted a mixture of the three........Mind you, we`re covered by the same AE (a very nice man!)

KME
I will have a word in his ear and tell him to look up this post! You and sidewinder will have to pull all the stops out next assessment. O)

You cannot do this work under the DI scheme (unless it supplies a flat as well;))But this does not stop you doing the job, just use non logo'ed forms!

Just make sure that they know you're not AC though
The fact that a flat and shop may share a common supply does NOT mean that someone with DI Status can issue NICEIC certs for a commercial premises - the fact that an installation is notifiable under Part P does not mean that it is classed as a domestic installation!

Here is the Reply that I have just received from the NICEIC with regards to Upgrading from an NICEIC Domestic Installer (DI) to an NICEIC Approved Contractor (AC)...

How to apply to the Approved Contractor SchemeRequirements:

[*]C&G 2382-10/20 (or 16th Edition conditionally up until December 2010)

[*]C&G 2391 (or a good level of your competence In testing and inspecting)

[*]Public Liability of

Here is the Reply that I have just received from the NICEIC with regards to Upgrading from an NICEIC Domestic Installer (DI) to an NICEIC Approved Contractor (AC)...
Did it myself about two years ago and that looks about right.