NIC inspection

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben piner

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm a qualified electrician and am about to go for my registration with NICEIC domestic installers scheme... the 2 jobs I will give them is a ccu system upgrade and a PV installation (I'm not putting the panels up just doing the electrical connections install)...I know I certify these myself but does it cost still to notify building control that I have done these and what am I to expect from the assessor on my inspection??

I am very confident with my work and have been taught to a very high standard of workmanship but for some reason I bricking it for the inspection.. Lol thanks

I'm going for my mcs registration at the same time as I do my domestic installer registration

I'm not doing the work on my own, I am with someone who is already AP and MCS registered.. And I'm working under him at the moment

AFAIAA it must be all your own work,

but what do I know,?

Im just concerned that if he is a door handle he might pull you on it and make you pay for another visit,

he deffo wont fail you on it, they want your money!

I am passing all my own work off and notifying building control. It's just mainly because I am not registered MCS yet.. That's why I will be doing both at the same time.. DI and MCS... What kind of thing am I going to expect on my assessment tho? I am getting quite nervous about it.. Don't know why..

Do I need a copy of the new on site guide for it?? I've have everything else they ask for and they didn't ask for that but see people saying they got that for it.. I don't really use it to be honest I use the full regs book.. I pretty much know where everything is in it.. Too much time on my hands I know...

Latest posts