Nice bit of minitrunking

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my opinion mini-trunking is used far too much.

It has it's uses of course, but generally it seems to be used by people who are too bone idle to do the job properly, it stands to reason therefore that the workmanship will be poor, and it often is.

The installer in this case is obviously new to this particular bodging method, otherwise he'd have filled all the gaps (badly) with silicone.

No but you do have to issue certs ... And most qualified sparks who are selfemployed will be part of a scam just screams handy man to me ..

Great pics James. It strikes me that whoever did this job selected a very poor route for the trunking. Whenever I use this stuff I always run it as discreetly as possible where it is least likely to catch the eye, eg in corners, next to door frames, behind curtains, through cupboards and there are never any gaps !. A rough job indeed.

had some work done at the church last year and thought you might like to see the trunking!

PS not anyone associated with this site!
Enjoy. I wont mention the contractor but I phoned him and he is sending someone straight round to sort it out!
That is a long time to wait for someone to come "straight" round, Rev. :eek: O)

In my opinion mini-trunking is used far too much. It has it's uses of course, but generally it seems to be used by people who are too bone idle to do the job properly, it stands to reason therefore that the workmanship will be poor, and it often is.

The installer in this case is obviously new to this particular bodging method, otherwise he'd have filled all the gaps (badly) with silicone.
Tell that to the councils. :)

just screams handy man to me ..
That was my first thought after seeing them. :eek:

Out of intrest was any certs issued ? And where they registered with a scam I.e niceic , napit ...
Yes cert provided ECA member

I would have drilled through the timber frame and butted the trunking up to it then continued on the inside of the frame. I usually never leave any gaps. I make a flap at the ends and bend it over which is usually tidy enough. Always use decorators chalk to fill in the gaps.

---------- AUTO MERGE Post added at 21:06 ---------- Previous post was at 21:02 ----------

That is a long time to wait for someone to come "straight" round, Rev. :eek: O)
I only took over a month ago and just found the invoice. To be fair I phoned thursday and the boss of the contractors wanted to send someone straight away. I wasnt available til monday so I am expecting someone in the morning. To be fair the rest of the job not too bad.

To be fair I phoned thursday and the boss of the contractors wanted to send someone straight away. .
I dont know about any one else by i check all the lads work after they have done, and if someone was to complain i would go there myself to have a look. then give the lad who did it a right ...Wet Fish :red card

Rev is this the contractor we were talking about before? You know P*** Elec? As randomly I met the owner of that particular company when looking to buy a pat tester the other week. Seemed a decent guy which is probably why he wanted to send someone round straight away.

Well he turned up this morning as arranged and spent about 2 hours making good. I have to say he has done an excellent job and also gave me some useful info on the fire alarm.

Will post pics when I get a chance.

Thanks Rev. :)

Oh, And I know that you took over recently, Rev. ;)