No Maintenance J/Bs

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Apart from the cost i will use these everytime i need to put a J/B under a floor.

The Ashley /Hager ones are the ones i am refering to,cable grips are a bit time consuming, shame they do not incorperate one that grips when you snap the lid shut. :x

Me too, just bought a box of them, though I hear the jury is out as to whether they are actually allowed to be inaccessible. Am debating whether to have a loft hatch, just so the damn things are accessible - OTT or what?!

when ever i have to install a jb under floor board i use the ashley j803 or j804

not the cheapest option out there but just right for the job, like the idear of that wagobox though.....might try that next time

when ever i have to install a jb under floor board i use the ashley j803 or j804not the cheapest option out there but just right for the job, like the idear of that wagobox though.....might try that next time
the same ones stringy

i have used the wagos but i put them in a chocbox, its cheaper:)

ive seen these wagos before on the web but never in real life, are they all connected together in side? or can you have line neutal earth in one wago?

One line per block. I like these things, and having used wagos on test euipment subject to vibration testing for many years in industry, I would consider them as permanent as soldering and superior to crimping. Denmans do a resonably priced range. Also use them a lot for star plan lighting arrangments.

Search "Free Sample" on the Wagobox website and get yourselves a freebie.

P.

i just tried this website for a freebie, but it came back as "0". :(

I received my free sample this morning. It came wired up with short sections of 1.5mm cable so that you could test it. I can say that I an very impressed with it, incredibly quick in connecting up and very secure. They give instructions on how to get the cable out of the blocks but I did not read it properly. the costs don't seem to me to be too bad,

I received my free sample this morning. It came wired up with short sections of 1.5mm cable so that you could test it. I can say that I an very impressed with it, incredibly quick in connecting up and very secure. They give instructions on how to get the cable out of the blocks but I did not read it properly. the costs don't seem to me to be too bad,

Just ordered mine, Thanks for posting the link.Guiness Drink

Have used the lever arm ones and love em great for neutrals in the back of the box.Applaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

To remove the conductor, just hold the terminal and twist the conductor in a circular motion and a slight back pull the same time.

I reconnected it and did it three times it it still held tightly, fair play.

hi all just gone in from work and too tired too read everything, sorry.

whats the general conclusion on these jb's then? worth using or just avoid jb's where ever humanly possible!

rich

hi all just gone in from work and too tired too read everything, sorry. whats the general conclusion on these jb's then? worth using or just avoid jb's where ever humanly possible!

rich
I would definatly try to avoid jb's as much as possible but if i had to use one the wagobox would be the one for me