[No title]

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green-hornet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have had one of those days again,

4 weeks ago I quoted for a two bed house rewire.

I put a price in for

Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

Classic... bet he was fuming X(X( X(

Guiness Drink

You won't be so smug when he calls you in October 2024 and says he's ready for you to start. :p

asked to do a quote for a small barn conversion office

35min drive

feeling confident about getting the job,,,so when i get there the customer said their usual sparky quoted 2k + vat and they thought that was expensive

at that point i fell into the trap.....

quoted

asked to do a quote for a small barn conversion office35min drive

feeling confident about getting the job,,,so when i get there the customer said their usual sparky quoted 2k + vat and they thought that was expensive

at that point i fell into the trap.....

quoted

Here's some London pricing

My neighbour has bought a terraced 3 floor + basement house near the Oval cricket ground in London for their Son and girlfriend, the gf unaware that I'm doing the rewire gets three quotes, now it sounds big but each floor is only around 18'x25' so not that large (a 3 bed, 1 bath, 2 rep and kitchen + util room)

So.....

Quotes are

but if you give me 8K, ill do it. and at that price, i may even give the place a quick clean before leaving
LOL you have not seen the state of the place, no maintenance for over 10 years, the top floor has lost most of it's plaster, due the roof leaking for years

filthy place :(

Its nice to hear I'm not the only spark digging my heals in! ;)

Really can't be bothered with the Dutch auctions and some of the potential customers really do get what they deserve - a poor quality job for a poor quality pay.... :^O