notifiable or not

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpha spark

Reaction score
Is a EICR notifiable or not just done one today typed it out but need a cert number normally I use the one Napit give me when I notify jobs but on the list there is no listing for a eicr what do u guys do

The only one I can see is other ?

Its not notifiable

what i do for a cert number is use house address say 5 high street or make a number up

use an excel spreadsheet and make a list so you can track them

Cheers Tim I see the point you notify it after remedial works are done and the proper Certs are given out

I tend to use surname followed by first line of address, easycert stores them in alphabetical order

Thanks I'll bear that in mind in future on this occasion I used one of my notifications however labc won't be notified so I guess I've wasted

Approved document P clearly lists all works that are notifiable. Periodic inspection has never been within the scope of Part P as you are not changing the characteristics of the installation. This is a basic concept that most electricians able to self certify should be aware of, as they should all be conversant with App doc P. Copies can be freely downloaded if you do not have a hard copy. Doc H.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:55 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:43 ----------

Job number and completion date can be any easy unique traceable serial number.Doc H

Approved document P clearly lists all works that are notifiable. Periodic inspection has never been within the scope of Part P as you are not changing the characteristics of the installation. This is a basic concept that most electricians able to self certify should be aware of, as they should all be conversant with App doc P. Copies can be freely downloaded if you do not have a hard copy. Doc H.---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:55 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:43 ----------

Job number and completion date can be any easy unique traceable serial number.Doc H
I would have thought that anyone deemed competent would be required to be familiar with what is an is not notifiable - as notification is the driving force behind 95% of Scheme membership applications!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted a cert number that's all so I notified it big deal yes I could of traped through all my papers to find it but I just don't have the time so I've lost out on

Certicate numbers are personal too you as you are the issuer, you need to design a system that is both easy and logical for you to understand, thus allowing you to be able to refer back when necessary. The work that you notify is issued a cert number by your scheme provider for their reference, you therefore need a system whereby the work you notify is easily identifiable, perhaps cross reference to the notify cert number.

For what its worth...for the 1% of jobs that I notify the Cert number is the days date in 'long format. DDMMYYYY

The Job reference number is the receipt number that the NIC gives me when I notify the job. That way WHEN the PP paperwork fails to arrive both I and the client have a traceable copy of the notification receipt number AND the day that the job was done. Well, it works for me... :coat