Notifiable or not

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikel

Reaction score
I fitted an extractor fan in a bathroom. All the wiring is outside the bathroom. I was going thro the stage of notifying it to LBC via NICEIC when I had doubts about whether its notifiable or not as all the wiring is outside the bathroom. Is it notifiable or not

Is the motor and associated wiring not in the bathroom? I believe it is notifiable.

Ian.

Fan is in the wall behind a grill. Think I'll notify it anyway better safe than sorry.

But accessed from the bathroom... so I think you are correct to notify
Any electrical connection going into a special location under the terms of building regulations is notifiable.

I have installed 12 volt systems and have notified building control, simply because you have carried out work in a location with increased risk.

Have notified it, don't know where the doubt came in. Must have been one of those 'senior' moments my father in law claims to have. :D

Thanks for all the answers.

I assume you have extended a circuit for this fan, if so its notifiable on a minor works cert, irrespective of its location, regards dave