Off-peak circuit not working - what next?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see no reason why your electrician can't swap the black concentric cables. They are downstream of the meter so not the responsibility of the DNO or energy supplier. and downstream of the switch fuses so not even any problem to safely isolate.

You might have to run it past the building management organisation first?

That's what I was thinking. The building management company have already said that supplies to individual properties aren't their responsibility, but I will ask the ex-neighbours' landlords for their permission in writing (they are up to speed on what is happening)

That's what I was thinking. The building management company have already said that supplies to individual properties aren't their responsibility, but I will ask the ex-neighbours' landlords for their permission in writing (they are up to speed on what is happening)
you would be correcting a mistake, I would just get it done, I doubt the landlords would really be interested as they don't actually pay the bills, although it would be polite to keep them informed.

A good conclusion although you have to wonder about the quality of the testing and verification when the installation was first installed

A good conclusion although you have to wonder about the quality of the testing and verification when the installation was first installed
That's what my electrician said, it should never have happened and if it wasn't so long ago I'd be making a complaint to the developers. I bet the contractors didn't bother to test it properly because they'd have had to come back between 00.30 and 07.30am!

Maybe it was correct at the point of installation but things changed, you will never know.