Offshore Electrician

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppyviper1

Reaction score
im 24 and qualified sparky with bosiet mist and compex and looking for any ideas or contacts on how to get offshore as everyone asks for experience

im 24 and qualified sparky with bosiet mist and compex and looking for any ideas or contacts on how to get offshore as everyone asks for experience
north sea tigers

but, as you yourself say, everyone asks for experience,

as for your quals, you need a lot more than that to even think about it,

do survival then work your way from there, I hope you have a healthy bank account.  :|

Steptoe,

I have my survival thats what bosiet is,also have mist which is new thing needed. I just need someone to take a chance on me.

Have you actually done any research on this?

Its not as easy as the the minimum quals,

There are other threads about this somewhere, try reading them,

Have you looked at NST ?

Do you have what they need/want ?

Yep i have researched,spent 3 grand on courses which is risk i take,i will look into more threads,but was just to see if anyone had better contacts or ways to offshore than me

well, what contacts do you have would be a start,

have you tried north sea tigers?  they are generally the 'easiest' way in , if they wont take you then you havent much chance,

BTW, 3K isnt a lot to get into that particular field, as Ive said before, you need to offer something that they dont already have, and guys of 20+years generally have most,

if you dont have experience then you are stuck, have you done any dry Compex? ie, holding tanks etc, even filling stations would be something.

ps, i looked at going back to the fields a while back, it was going to cost me 5 figures to update  :eek:

guess what, Im not there, and I have contacts.!

Last edited by a moderator:
I will try north sea tigers, i have worked in compounds in yemen for 6month working with generators, high voltage etc i have a pretty good cv but as u said i may be stuck,because its who u know.i will just keep trying,maybye even onshore plants is my best way in?

I know there wi be tons of people infront of me woth lots of experience but surely they need young guys to start on rigs who will be the future of the oil and gas industy?

have you worked on the compex side of the fields? or was it just plants you were on?

the easiest way is [what I see anyway] is the fuel side of fields, generally these guys are higher just no survival,

and they get up the list,

try even getting in with the refineries on the 'petrol station' work , its your name on a list somewhere.

I will try north sea tigers, i have worked in compounds in yemen for 6month working with generators, high voltage etc i have a pretty good cv but as u said i may be stuck,because its who u know.i will just keep trying,maybye even onshore plants is my best way in?
I know there wi be tons of people infront of me woth lots of experience but surely they need young guys to start on rigs who will be the future of the oil and gas industy?
sons and nephews