Our local B&Q is going to close

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPECIAL LOCATION

Trailer Boy - Electrician.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a small B&Q in our town... (soon to be gone)....

not a warehouse place just a small supermarket/Wilkinson/Woolies, size building...

There has been speculation in the local press about a supermarket wanting planning permission for the building?

Was having a look around yesterday, needed a curtain pole for the lounge..

Anyway saw a sign in the shop.. it appears it IS going to close,

this June:( B&Q doing a few cutbacks:| ;)

I did noticed they have started grouping bits into clearance / discount bins..

I saw a box full of these large weatherproof boxes...http://nextday.diy.com/app/jsp/product/productPage.jsp?productId=24897

only wanted

It is a shame. When I've been in B&Q recently it has always seemed busy.

The Warehouse@ Darlington does have some clearance bins but it always has. Sometimes you can get fantastic bargains! I got a Ryobi Drill/impact driver combi set with 2 batteries, a charger and a case for

TBH I am surprised it has been kept open this long.. :|

cuz driving 10mins in opposite directions you can get to two large warehouse stores...

Then if you take a 20min radius you could reach four warehouse stores..

Now cuz most B&Q type shopping involves carrying something by car..

I guess 99% of customer are driving,

so I would assume most people, if going to drive would go to a large store with more choice than a small store?

?:|

B&Q - Is by far, the UK's largest and busiest DIY chain.

Focus and Homebase are, Maybe, Joint Second.

They are all way too expensive. X(

Makro Warehouse in Swansea is closing down soon. :(

Nearest one then, will be Cardiff. :_|

Don't know if they still are/where or not but at one time B & Q and Woolies where owned by the same parent company.

B&Q are awned by the Kingfisher Group, who also own SF, as you are probably aware, SpeticLecky. :D

the B&Q in Watford is huge ,every time i go in there its is rammed and i mean people buying lawnmowers ,garden furniture and the usual summer stuff but it is alway busy to the extent of not being able to park in an area the size of 2 football pitches.but as always im told no ones got any moneyX(

i cant even afford to cut my grass cause the electricity bill is so high:p

B&Q are awned by the Kingfisher Group, who also own SF, as you are probably aware, SpeticLecky. :D
Yeh, bloke who owned Screwfix sold them it, got bored I believe doing nothing and started ToolStation as a rival.