out of hours callout

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theorysparky

Domestic Electrician
Reaction score
Dont do it as a rule but was asked look at fault at a rented property tonite at 6pm 10 mile round trip

2 hrs later fixed

what due you guys charge

Dont do it as a rule but was asked look at fault at a rented property tonite at 6pm 10 mile round trip 2 hrs later fixed

what due you guys charge
What did you charge?

; \

I am still confused as to how you guys charge any job.

You can not rely on guess work, if you add up your year round expences which should include your insurance, your cost of transportation, and every day living expenses.

If none of you have done a business plan I suggest you do one, even if you do not require any funding by way of an overdraft or loan.

What it will show you is the costs you have to incurr for every working hour you operate.

So for instance if it costs you

I am still confused as to how you guys charge any job.
Well, each to their own,

Everybody's circumstances are different (Personal debts for example, Mortgage), so the reference to

I am still confused as to how you guys charge any job.You can not rely on guess work, if you add up your year round expences which should include your insurance, your cost of transportation, and every day living expenses.

If none of you have done a business plan I suggest you do one, even if you do not require any funding by way of an overdraft or loan.

What it will show you is the costs you have to incurr for every working hour you operate.

So for instance if it costs you

Green hornet my friend, after your advice when i posted my thread "how much should i be charging for jobs" I sat down and properly worked out all my cost, overheads,insurance,van costs, wages. added them all up and the total plus 10 % is my hourly rate. its still early days but now i am making money! Applaud Smiley
Its actually frightening when you break it all down isn't it.

I know I was shocked.

Its actually frightening when you break it all down isn't it.I know I was shocked.
It soon mounts up, trying to keep prices keen is a tricky one. But hey thats life!