out of hours callout

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still confused as to how you guys charge any job..
GH

As my post asks what the normal callout charge is for out of hours that you guys go for.

normal hourly rate with a good profit is sorted but i rarely do out of hours callout.

so this is bonus money

Its actually frightening when you break it all down isn't it.I know I was shocked.
Maybe a good idea, subject to you having time and the agreement to do so, about putting a "Page" together in helping out on the fact of the business plan to help existing and new businesses?

I could dedicate a webpage(s) for it - as I have done with the business page.

Just a Thought GH. :D

Feel free to say NO. :D

Admin

another good page to set up would be all interchangeable mcbs to different cu's

the question always gets asked

volex and steeple fit hager boards etc

an idea to ponder

Adminanother good page to set up would be all interchangeable mcbs to different cu's

the question always gets asked

volex and steeple fit hagar boards etc

an idea to ponder
Excellent Idea Theory - Who Fancies doing that? Theory? :)

You do them and I'll host them, Guys (And Girls). :D

I am still confused as to how you guys charge any job.You can not rely on guess work, if you add up your year round expences which should include your insurance, your cost of transportation, and every day living expenses.

If none of you have done a business plan I suggest you do one, even if you do not require any funding by way of an overdraft or loan.

What it will show you is the costs you have to incurr for every working hour you operate.

So for instance if it costs you

GH now is not the time to be working out what you need to earn as a lot of people do not have the work. Trouble is you win some jobs and lose on others. It is always differcult to price jobs ie how long they are going to take. I generally work out how long I think it will take and add a bit on for unforeseen things but as said you win some and lose others. I don't think you will ever earn a fortune working for yourself but hopefully will earn a reasonable living.Batty
You are correct in everything you have said.

I am always on the verge of being very successfull, whilst always a knock away from bancruptcy.

Just because some contracts I price are over