Part P 6Th April 2013

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sharpend, I know what you mean and I think all the scheme operators are the same, not just the NIC.

However if a company has 10+ operatives and an Electrician is sent to test his or an installation, his name goes on the certificate, and the QS reviews said certificate and providing all is good put's his name to it also.

Now if the results are fictitious then the Electrician is responsible, he has been paid by the company to do the job correctly, if later he is found out then the only course of action would be to sack him. The company entrusted him to do the job properly and paid him accordingly, I don't see the company can be to blame.

Take a very large national Electrical Contractor employing 100's, how can one man be responsible for all certification. 

Well had assessment today and although the changes came into effect on the 6th April, 3rd party notification does not come into effect until and you've guessed it another certificate becomes available, and from what I'm told based on an EICR.

Sounds more hassle to me.

Like just one man doing the testing at N G Bailey  , can't see that happening .
NG Who? Never heard of them, local brum outfit?

Well had assessment today and although the changes came into effect on the 6th April, 3rd party notification does not come into effect until and you've guessed it another certificate becomes available, and from what I'm told based on an EICR.

Guess its to keep the wheels turning, the money wheels that is! It'd be wrong to think that we might actually be able to keep some of the money we earn!

N.G Bailey once the largest privately owned Electrical Contractor in Europe if not world.

Don't see them much my way these days.

I worked for them 4 times in 80's and 90's

As Sidey says , NGB  probably the biggest in the country .    Our main competitor when I was an apprentice.  Probably bigger than Steptoe & Son , Electrical Contractors Ltd. :innocent

Last edited by a moderator:
As Sidey says , NGB  probably the biggest in the country .    Our main competitor when I was an apprentice.  Probably bigger than Steptoe & Son , Electrical Contractors Ltd. :innocent
not by much though Deke,

they kinda bought a few of our bigger jobs by backhanders etc,

all those pies the lads were buying at the corner shop,

how could I ever compete with that, and it was having a flat conversion above too!  :eek:

:shakehead

Hmmmmmm ??

Thats not what the amended App Doc P says....

It makes no distinction about 3rd party sign off,  

than it does about reg competent person signing their own work or LABC signing off..

They are all in the document which came into effect on 6/4/13...

AND...

it also states a EICR as per the model in BS7671 can be used.. 

OR an amended EICR specifically for Part P 3rd party sign off....

I guess NIC are doing their own version of the EICR maybe with a few more boxes so you can also put down the name of the installer.. 

not just the tester?

anyway for thems wots interested heres an extract from page 9 of new App Doc P..

3RD PARTY SIGN OFF PARTP.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Special, sorry yes I should have pointed out it will be a NIC requirement, new cert for the purpose.

I did bring up the new Part P document on the PC, while assessor was with me, page 7, I believe last paragraph states something like model based on EICR.

I would have thought the actual online notification forms should be amended to include space for the installers details...

plus a tick box or something to state you are the 3rd party NOT self certifying all the work!

:popcorn

Latest posts