Part P assessments

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_81

Reaction score
Been reading through all the threads on here about people's experiences and what's expected, but I was wondering if anyone had, or knew anyone who had failed it?

Looking to book mine soon and I'm not looking forward to it at all!!

Been reading through all the threads on here about people's experiences and what's expected, but I was wondering if anyone had, or knew anyone who had failed it? Looking to book my soon and I'm not looking forward to it at all!!
Well half my class failed and I didn't have any of them :p

It was a computer based assessment, 40 Qs I think. I finished it in 5 mins (you either know the answer or you don't) and got a pass with 2 questions wrong. The pass mark percentage required is quite high - so had I fluffed another two, I might've failed :(

Read up on your Building Regs, GS38, H&S, etc etc. I could give you a list of things to know and example questions (once I've got home and dug them out!) or maybe it could become a sticky?

... or maybe I'd get shot for copyright infringement? :eek: ?:|

TTbb

I reckon that'd be quite a handy sticky for those looking to do it.

I meant the practical assessment, ie when niceic, elcsa, napit etc come out....

I reckon that'd be quite a handy sticky for those looking to do it.I meant the practical assessment, ie when niceic, elcsa, napit etc come out....
Yes I think Chittybangbang is thinking of something else ! :)

Its a good question , I've not heard of anyone but there must have been some.

I hear all the time of other trades getting part P restricted to kitchens and bathrooms , there was a plumber not long ago, no electrical know how at all , but got his B no probs. Personally I don't think its right but there you go .

Been reading through all the threads on here about people's experiences and what's expected, but I was wondering if anyone had, or knew anyone who had failed it? Looking to book mine soon and I'm not looking forward to it at all!!
Who with, how old , what experience, how are you on testing ?

If you see this I'll answer after the England match .

Deke

Probably gonna go with Napit as several people have recommended them, 27, been working with a couple of local firms for the past appox 18 months (maybe longer, can't remember). Testing wise, I know what tests to do, which order and what the results should be, bit rusty on why certain results should be what they are but nothing I can't read up on. Saying that tho I'm by no means the most confident when it comes to testing!

I only know how ELECSA do it but I think they are all much the same. There is a list of certain requirements you need to see if you have them all covered. Have a look on their website for the list. You will have seen from the threads that most of us do not look forward to annual assessment. Most look for C&G Testing Cert, you must have the test meters / a job to show them / regs / On Site Guide / complaints book / evidence that you issue quotes / invoices etc.

I think the crux is that you need to demonstrate that you are competent to do and test domestic installations. Just keep mugging up on testing , I think they all get you to demonstrate a test on site . Oh you need test results for any jobs you have done .

Don't worry about it , you can always go for it again when you feel more confident and don't forget, they actually want you as a member . You could well get through with a list of non compliances to comply with, like " should issue quotes/ invoices/ testers should have recalibration certs etc.

I'm not the most confident tester either, specially with the assessor whatching, I'm fine on my own.

Deke

England 2 Germany 1

I have my fourth one tomorrow. Its with the boss though as the usual one is tied up with other things. Hope it will be ok will let you know tomorrow evening.

Batty

Latest posts