Part P logo

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While reading through the Hornet's thread in "Tips and tricks of the trade," it made me wonder whether there should be a common logo for all the part P providers . A common logo that includes their own name. Perhaps it would promote awareness in the scheme with the public.

Any thoughts guys ?

I think its a good idea personally.

I think it can be quite confusing for the general public/consumer at times when companies have different logo's like they do at the moment.

could be useful. maybe an A4 sticker simply saying 'part p registered electrician' or something similar, which could go alongside any other scam providers stickers

I think that's a blooming great idea Deke!

Bit like the corgi or gas safe with a reg number - could say your scheme provider in smaller letters.

:D

Scoob worthy!

While reading through the Hornet's thread in "Tips and tricks of the trade," it made me wonder whether there should be a common logo for all the part P providers . A common logo that includes their own name. Perhaps it would promote awareness in the scheme with the public. Any thoughts guys ?
I never thought of that, one thing this could perhaps change is the inclusion of other scheme providers being accepted to give reports and certificates that would otherwise not be accepted.

I am going to include this in my summary thanks deke

One doesn't wish to push aside a good idea, but let's not forget Part P is a building regulation.

The Competent Person scheme is an even better option.

(Or better still, Registered Electrician)

The Godfather

One doesn't wish to push aside a good idea, but let's not forget Part P is a building regulation.The Competent Person scheme is an even better option.

The Godfather
Thats what my old JIB card said I was, now I am part p idiot;\

One doesn't wish to push aside a good idea, but let's not forget Part P is a building regulation.The Competent Person scheme is an even better option.

The Godfather
Quite so...

would not the "LABC" be classed as the "recognised logo" for building regs related stuff?

e.g.

http://www.competentperson.co.uk/index.asp

?

:|

and of course our work should comply with the other relevant regulations as well as Part P....

Part A Structure

Part B Fire safety

Park F Ventilation

Part L Conservation of fuel & power,,

Part M access to & use of buildings.,.

etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a fairly crappy logoPart P Approved may mean more to the general public?
But why not all of the other parts as well???

doing some building work need to comply with the others that overlap & interrelate with Part P...

Part P is NOT a fully self contained bit that does need to refer to other associated parts!

e.g. read Page 5 of approved doc P

"interaction with other parts of the building regulations"