Passed 301 today!!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soulman

Reaction score
I took my 301 today and passed with a distinction. I was a little suprised as to how easy it was i studied ac theory, transformers, motors etc in depth and the questions i got were so basic it was unreal. Two calculations were all i got i didn't even need a calculator. anyway all done 3 years over am2 passed, nvq and 17th edition passed. Out of everything the hardest thing was the am2. Going to do the 2391 in september.

Cheers. i have a little experience in t&i, my lecturer told me there is no difference from the practical of am2 to the 2391 practical. i know its quite a difficult written exam, but i can see why people fail. Young and old left college yesterday after 3 years and some still haven't got a clue, just scrapping past the exams. In my opinion, it's the work you do out of college that brings everything together. I am 40 years old have my own business (non electrical) and studied to be a spark along side my business. i currently work for a spark and have worked along side others for experience while at college. The first time i went into an old commercial premises with over 8 d.b's and ancient switchgear, it was very daunting, but you soon get your head around it. I found there was little difference testing a factory to testing a domestic property same principles.