And Today I Bought

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil d

Reaction score
Today was a day for many new experiences, and a few memories, I decided a few weeks ago that I wanted a new leather jacket, the only place that had one was in London and it was nearly 200 quid ! It isn't just any jacket, it's a black leather tassel jacket, as worn by loads of us when we rode motorbikes in the 80's.

Well, after a bit of hunting around I found a leather shop in Liverpool, it sold proper leather stuff, and it was reasonable, I rang them up it was a bit like that yellow pages advert from years ago. Anyway, yes they had one, yes it was just like those in the 80's and yes it was real leather, with the tassels across the shoulders and down the arms, perfect, I just needed to go and get it, and I really don't like busy places, especially if I can't go by car, which in this case I couldn't as the car parks are no longer in the city centre!

This morning I woke up, got ready and set off, by train, now although this may not seem like a big deal to you guys it was to me, you see due to my illness I don't like crowds, strange places, or public transport, and today I have to deal with all three in one go. So, I walked down to the station and nervously boarded the train, it was quite busy even though it was a Saturday morning, but I got a seat, arriving in Liverpool I was amazed at how much the station had changed, I negotiated the electric barriers, something I've never done before, and headed outside, pausing to look at the statue of Ken Dodd. I spent a few minutes feeling rather stressed as I looked around outside, nothing was as it was last time I visited, the roads had changed, the amusement arcade had gone and a large building was being built.

I worked out where I needed to be and headed off, eventually I found the shop and went inside, and there it was, the jacket, I tried one on, a bit tight, I picked a larger one, perfect, it felt like I'd got my skin back, I handed over my £95, took off the tags and headed out of the shop feeling a lot more confident than I did when I went in. I then headed over to the market and bought a couple of pairs of jeans, making sure they were the ones that fitted across the backside (I can't stand those modern ones that youngsters wear, looked like you've carped yourself). I had a look around for some Patchouli oil, but couldn't find any, then I went looking for a studded belt, couldn't find a decent one, mine had about 300 studs back in the day but apparently anything over 54 studs is classed as an offensive weapon apparently! On the plus side I did find a decent looking record shop, so that's another visit, I decided to go home then but passed a quaint olde world Irish bar and went inside, it was one of those places that had 'characters' in it, it was run by a couple of young Irish lads and the Guinness was excellent, and cheap at £3 a pint, I even managed a short walk around a Lidl, and tackled one of those self scan tills, something I hate with a passion.

This may seem a bit of a mad post to some of you, but I'm really chuffed with today, it was a day for several 'firsts', it was the first time I've been on a train in 14 years, and the first time I've been to Liverpool in 14 years, it was also the first time in ages that I've been into a busy town centre without having a panic attack! Long may it continue, Tony knows what I mean. lol