PAT rates

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no way you can test an item for 30p and why would you anyway. These people really need to come unstuck by someone using something they have tested and it injuring themseleves. I suppose they would then say it was fine when we tested it and I suppose in a court of law it would be hard to prove it was not.

These people really need to come unstuck by someone using something they have tested and it injuring themseleves. I suppose they would then say it was fine when we tested it and I suppose in a court of law it would be hard to prove it was not.
I think if everyone involved in the prosecution was switched on it could soon be proved that there is no way you could test an item for 30p and turn a profit, and evidence of the time spent doing the tests would soon prove that the tests were not carried out correctly.

Yup.Although they "can`t do it", they CAN "make `em up", which is even worse (`cos it is classed as fraud, AFAIAA).

If you cannot do it sensibly (we had a guy in the local hotel - beat the main contractor on PAT - who could "do" 1200 items a day - on his own).

That is utter rubbish. If you have the fastest tester on the market; and someone to bring every item to you; you physically don`t have the time to do that many items.

I`m cutting short what I was going to say, due to inebriation effects.

`night all.
Even with a printer just printing pass label out and sticking them on the appliances without any testing or test result sheets you would be hard pressed doing 1200 items in a 8 hr working day with no breaks, that's less than 30 seconds an item to print and stick

Latest posts