Pat Testing Course

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Sparks

Reaction score
Hey all,

Im in the process of finding a Pat testing course to do, but i dont have much infomation as to what one to do and where i stand legaly when i carry out pat testing.

I just wanted some feedback realy as to what course to stay away from or what to go for.

Currently ive been offered "introduction to pat testing course" from my college, its a one day course, not a city & guilds one. Would this be alright to do, give me enough knowledge?

Ive also heard of the 2377 c&g course.

Ive just completed my level 3 3330 c&g / 17th edition. So i have testing still fresh in my mind

Im i right in saying that im quilified enough now to pat test, if i wanted too?

Cheers.

Lee

you only need to be competent. you dont 'need' 2377. whilst you may be a qualified electrician, you may not be competent at PAT unless youve had some PAT specific training etc, but its pretty much common sense anyway

iv recently completed my 2377 C&G i didnt bother with the course as Streetlighter (OH) is a qual'd sparky and went through everything with me before hand!

i studied the Code of Practice for In Service Inspection & Testing of Electrical Equipment back to front and front to back

i passed with 100% flying colours

dont me shyed by the fact they are based in harlow in essex, im based oop norf and sat my exam in doncaster! they are really good and will try and help you in whatever way possible