Photos of my 2330 lvl 3 Practical

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashleycowx

Reaction score
Hi,

Did early last year now but thought I would post them for any one soon to take...

056.jpg

I would attach a picture of the certificate and schedule of Ins & Test but that would be cheating.

Cheers

Ashley

Ashley - The title is mis-leading. There is only one pic. :)

Well done mate. What was your mark for it? Distinction?

My Apologies,

The 's' is mis-leading.

Lol, yes this was a distinction.

and Thank You

Ash

How come you had to install all that, Level 3 is all inspection and testing/fault diagnosis and rectification with no installation???

Last edited by a moderator:
That is true.. I did think that. I think he had to test it may be??? Level 2 is the course that you have a to show a practical installation

That is true.. I did think that. I think he had to test it may be??? Level 2 is the course that you have a to show a practical installation
Yep, steel conduit and trunking for lvl 2

That looks like the C&G 206 Level 2, practical.

In my college - they put up the trunking etc for you.

The only thing that was up in my both was the booth CU. I purchased all the items myself, and made them off in college. The state on their stuff was unbelievable.

I was thinking the other day after talking to my nephew and he said how carp the accesories were at college, that there must be loads of stuff that electricians throw away that could be reused by the local colleges.

I dont think sparkys are going to make a special trip to their local college to drop stuff off, however if the colleges had a recycling box at local wholesalers then that might work out alright.

I remember when at college that half of the terminal screws were either missing or the heads chewed up :(

I always thought it was a good idea to take really old stuff into college, just so that the students had an idea what it was, and from what era. Then I just got done for fly tipping.

Excellent ideas RS and GH.

The problem is though RS, that the wholesalers make a lot of money from colleges. They will not agree to have recycling boxes for colleges in their wholesalers as they would lose out a heck of a lot of money.

The college that I attended, did actually have some old gear on a board on display on the wall, GH.

I was thinking you may want to move my reply to the jokes thread :)

Honestly though very few students come into contact with older stuff, in fact the same could be said about me when I first came across lead cables. We never discussed them in college, and when I first saw them I was amazed, and all the fuse boards were the old asbestos lined ceramic fuses.

I done a CU change a while back on lead cables,!

the old dear refused to have a rewire,

only one circuit that was dodgy IR, put on non RCD side,

the apprentice couldnt believe the cable was really lead!!!

HI mate you would be very lucky to be able to do this at collage because the founding you had to use old parts to do you practical and even to pull out and use the old wall plugs.

Hi,Did early last year now but thought I would post them for any one soon to take...

View attachment 3022

I would attach a picture of the certificate and schedule of Ins & Test but that would be cheating.

Cheers

Ashley

The clips are installed incorrectly (only a minor point) however well done on passing.

As for old site material, we welcome any such equipment for our Black museum so check with your college.