PIR

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gselectrical

Reaction score
Afternoon all.

I carried out a PIR last week on an ancient property. Looks to have been rewired about 35 years ago. Anyway, Whilst carrying out end to end tests on the rings I found that the readings on the CPC's where very low. Eventually found a large adaptable box where most circuits had been extended, I'm guessing the CU was relocated at some point.

All the CPCs within the adaptable box had been jointed together using a large earth block (hence the very low ring CPC reading)

What code would you give this? It was that much of a mess i couldn't really test if a circuit was sharing another circuits CPC.

Also, what code would you give old switches & sockets mounted on wooden backboxes?

Cheers

GS

Afternoon all. I carried out a PIR last week on an ancient property. Looks to have been rewired about 35 years ago. Anyway, Whilst carrying out end to end tests on the rings I found that the readings on the CPC's where very low. Eventually found a large adaptable box where most circuits had been extended, I'm guessing the CU was relocated at some point.

All the CPCs within the adaptable box had been jointed together using a large earth block (hence the very low ring CPC reading)

What code would you give this? It was that much of a mess i couldn't really test if a circuit was sharing another circuits CPC. so you need to have a better look at it- requires further investigation

Also, what code would you give old switches & sockets mounted on wooden backboxes? combustible? (code 1 then)

Cheers

GS
my red, I like red, its like a FERRARI . :popcorn

I agree with code 3 for cpc's

but I would have gone with a code 2 for the back boxes

Must agree - though it DOES depend on actual, individual circumstances. If there was evidence of overheating, or the possibility of such was considered likely, then a code 1 may be warranted.

KME