Please ignore this post

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was ME.will no one listen, why does every one ignore me ? Oh right...yes....'cos I asked them to ....Mmmmmm.

This is like that day in the wholesalers when I announced that I had travelled back from the future to save the world .......no one believed me ..they still don't.

How many more times ............. will people stop ignoring this thread.
Now THAT is grammatically confusing, Sandra.

That could be taken to mean...:

1. How many more times will people stop ignoring this thread?

The answer will (eventually) be numerical. Further, the question itself is awkward; as you are asking how many times, in the future, will people who were ignoring the thread, begin to refrain from their ignorance, and begin paying attention to the thread.

However, there is also the other way of looking at it...:

2. How many more timesheadbang!. Will people stop ignoring this thread?

This answer will be in the format "yes/no". You initially suggest that you have requested this before, then go on to ask people not to ignore this thread!. Therein lies a problem. If someone is ignoring the thread, they won`t have seen your request to stop ignoring the thread, therefore won`t be aware that they are now requested to participate in the thread.

On the other hand, those of us who haven`t been ignoring the thread, don`t gain any benefit from your post, which asks us not to igore the thread. We aren`t, which is why we`ve seen it.

If this was the meaning you intended, the only way for it to propagate sucessfully, is by posting the request for a cease in ignorance of this thread, in another thread.

Are you confused? No? Then please explain the above to me, `cos I am lost!

I announced that I had travelled back from the future to save the world
Hero Nakamura? Is that you????

~No. It`s only Sandra.

How far in the future did you say you`d come back from? If it was after NOW, then no-one would believe you, as you couldn`t be there to travel back, as you`re already here!

.......no one believed me ..they still don't.
Geroff!! You`re lying!

This is like that day in the wholesalers when I announced that I had travelled back from the future to save the world .......no one believed me ..they still don't.
Did they manage to sell you a whole?

Now THAT is grammatically confusing, Sandra.That could be taken to mean...:

The answer will (eventually) be numerical. Further, the question itself is awkward; as you are asking how many times, in the future, will people who were ignoring the thread, begin to refrain from their ignorance, and begin paying attention to the thread.

This answer will be in the format "yes/no". You initially suggest that you have requested this before, then go on to ask people not to ignore this thread!. Therein lies a problem. If someone is ignoring the thread, they won`t have seen your request to stop ignoring the thread, therefore won`t be aware that they are now requested to participate in the thread.

On the other hand, those of us who haven`t been ignoring the thread, don`t gain any benefit from your post, which asks us not to igore the thread. We aren`t, which is why we`ve seen it.

If this was the meaning you intended, the only way for it to propagate sucessfully, is by posting the request for a cease in ignorance of this thread, in another thread.

I think the answer is "no - 76" but I can't be sure

:|

Clarify please:"no-76" (no dash 76)

OR

"no-76" (no minus 76)

Cheers `pache!

n.b I`ve asked my local lot for a whole, but the only one they had was a big one in the stocks!
Sorry for any confusion, definitely "no-76".

Does that clear it up for you?

D`ya know mate? She`s fine & dandy, thanks for askin. :x

She stopped having the squits Tuesday ( that "binding stuff" seemed to help em both....), and everbods seems to be 100% again, coat, eyes, nose, temperament etc perfectly normal.

I`ve heard since of a lot of people / pets who`ve had similar symptoms recently - wonder if there was summat going round...?

You and GF ok mate?

n.b. Do you realise "owner of Brian" has been formulating a reply to this thread for half an hour now........

Should be cooked soon.

D`ya know mate? She`s fine & dandy, thanks for askin. :x She stopped having the squits Tuesday ( that "binding stuff" seemed to help em both....), and everbods seems to be 100% again, coat, eyes, nose, temperament etc perfectly normal.

I`ve heard since of a lot of people / pets who`ve had similar symptoms recently - wonder if there was summat going round...?

You and GF ok mate?

n.b. Do you realise "owner of Brian" has been formulating a reply to this thread for half an hour now........

Should be cooked soon.
Glad all Ok you're end. Very hectic with lambs/calves ATM - people keep ringing at night too. Bloody knackered to tell you the truth.

There's always summat going around ;)

Now THAT is grammatically confusing, Sandra.That could be taken to mean...:

You are correct , KME , that gramatically my statement was wrong ,as I meant to say (as in your item 2) ................... How many more times? ( must I say this) ....... will people (please) stop ignoring this thread. ( no question mark) I was guilty of writing as I thought, in the local vernacular!!

In which peepul doe no wat yom gooing on abart, thats why Brummies awlaiz spake in impeckibul Inglish, our Kid.

But if people were to stop ignoring the thread then it follows that they will then be acknowledging it , which is not what I asked for all those years ago.

This raises the question that if a person is knowingly ignoring this thread then in reality , he ,(or she) is also acknowledging it, while people who have no knowledge of the threads existance are truly ignoring it.... but wait ...no they are not for one cannot ignore something that one has no knowledge of for once one has that knowledge then it cannot be ignored , so in actual fact, nothing can be ignored.

It is tantamount (hows that one ? ExBDC) to telling someone to not think of an elephant. Or , if a tree falls in the forest and no one is there, does it make a noise ? We will never know .

These posts are getting a bit long and there's enough to read as it is, I'm going to start ignoring this thread soon if it carries on.

Which bit, Ian?

The replacement of a full stop with a comma? ( "I don`t blame you. Lurk.")

Or the shortened version of our esteemed member`s name?

Mssr. Evans is usually the one with the slip, especially at weekends (pink & lacy, according to SpecLoc!)

But I suppose it could be his Friday`un :) :) :)

Why a " Freudian slip" ? I tend to call Lurch , Lurckio, I have no idea why TBH .
Something to do with the Royle Family perhaps?