Please ignore this post

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to resist commenting. I've got to go to Wales tomorrow as well, and not that pretend Wales that is a few miles up the road, the actual Wales with sheep and hills and stuff, although I dunno, Rhyl could be described as not really Welsh, costa del scouse maybe. Thinking about it, not sure why I said I'd go to this job!
Lurch what do you actually do? You seem to travel around a lot but spend a lot of time on here.

I'm thinking drugs mule?

Another tip Guys...

If you want to add a clickable link and just show some text instead of the whole link...

... Like this...

Example

Then rather than type out all the code and text manually, just do the following...

• Click on "Post Reply" or "Quick Reply" Button

• Click on the "Switch Editor Mode" button
    switchmode.gif

• Then Click on the "Insert Link" button
    createlink.gif

• You will then see the following 'Pop Up'...

• add-link.gif

• Copy & Paste your link into that box with the highlighted "http"

• Click OK.

• Note that it will display the link that you have entered...

• the-link-1.jpg

• ..And will show as below...

• So Change the highlighted bit to the text that you want displayed on the forum...

• the-link2.jpg

• and you will get this...

• If you wanted to make it stand out more... Just highlight the text that you want to show - In my example it is "Example" and then click the "BOLD" button, and you will get this...

It really is simpler than it looks/sounds, above.

HTH.

If I wanted to do that I would type 'example' highlight it, then click on the link button, paste the link and it's done.

Easier!

Lurch what do you actually do? You seem to travel around a lot but spend a lot of time on here.
Bit of this, bit of that. ;) Most of the travelling around is security related, yesterdays day in Darlington was fitting a CCTV system, then there's more of that here and there but more recently it's all service and maintenance, bit of the odd camera not working here and door not locking there. I also conduct some online business so I'm often near a PC, and I have remote access to the PC at home so I can pop in wherever I am. ;)

But yeah, I do spend a lot of time on the internet!

I'm thinking drugs mule?
Too much hassle, would involve walking funny.

If I wanted to do that I would type 'example' highlight it, then click on the link button, paste the link and it's done. Easier!
Yeah, I was looking at all that thinking I'm sure it's the hardest way of doing it! I'm hardcore, I code all my links and insertions manually. :)

Ah you spotted that deliberate mistake then !!!!
confused-smiley-17432.gif
Hey look at Brian with the dancing cows !!!
Yes I feel I may have unleashed a dreadful force upon the world, but as I warned earlier , others should not invoke him !!!! There will be gnashing of teeth and speaking in tongues if everyone keeps conjuring him up , he doesn't like the Welsh ,you know.Nite all , me, Brian and Sandra are off to bed now . :good night: ;)
OH NO HES MULTIPLYING , Don't do that , you don't understand what you ar dealing with here , he's a very naughty boy!!!!!
URGENT!!!!!

Medication dosage for Deke needs to be increased dramatically - I`m sure he`s becoming immune to the stuff........

BTW - Thanks all for the coffee stains on the keyboard - I laughed so much me coffee went up me nose, and spluttered out all over the `puter :( :(

ROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLROTFWL

ROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLROTFWL

This is true.

The topic was Igonre the thread, but no one was ignoring it, so I had to not ignore it as well, then no one ignored the fact that I was not ignoring it and they started to not ignore it as well, so now no one is not ignoring it. Guinness