please look and see what you think at these results

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackfrosty

Reaction score
Hi, got my niceic assessment next week, was wondering if you could all look at the test certicates and the consumer unit and comment on absolutly anything you think is wrong or could be better etc

Thanks

Dan

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture505.jpg

Picture501.jpg

Picture504.jpg

Picture493.jpg

Picture495.jpg

Picture494.jpg

Picture493.jpg

the bathroom light at the consumer unit job hasnt got an earthing point and hasnt even got the cpc going to it, i havent looked in loft to see if its there. The light is all plastic with a glass dome and assumed it is class2 but it doesnt have any markings. What should i do? put a comment on the certificate under comments on existing installation? want everything spot on for this assessor

Just one thing, you haven't put any vulnerable equipment down on the schedule of test results for the CU change.

On the schedule of tests "Protective Device - Type" is not "B"... it's the type of protective device, eg. 3036, 1361, 88, 3871, 60898 or 61009... you could add the B, C or D in the rating column if you like

I'd also fill out the schedule of tests including the spare ways (lined through) eg.

COOKER

PORCH SOCKETS

SOCKETS

SPARE

SPARE

LIGHTS

SHOWER

HTH

"On the schedule of tests "Protective Device - Type" is not "B"... it's the type of protective device, eg. 3036, 1361, 88, 3871, 60898 or 61009... you could add the B, C or D in the rating column if you like"

im not saying your wrong but other examples ive seen like in osg seem to put "B" in there.

The jobs are at different address's.

Also just to clarify can you correct me if im wrong:

RCD protection on circuits upto and including 32A must disconnect within .4of a second or 400ms? or are these the same values? does that mean my value of 36.2 is well under the 400ms?

MCB protection on a Btype mcb is 5x the rating. ie b6=6x5 =30a to flow to disconnect the b6 mcb, is there a time this should disconnect or just the current?

thanks

"On the schedule of tests "Protective Device - Type" is not "B"... it's the type of protective device, eg. 3036, 1361, 88, 3871, 60898 or 61009... you could add the B, C or D in the rating column if you like"im not saying your wrong but other examples ive seen like in osg seem to put "B" in there.

The example in the OSG actually has 1361 down as the type (at least the one on page 156 does, not sure what's going on with the one on page 147)

The jobs are at different address's.

Also just to clarify can you correct me if im wrong:

RCD protection on circuits upto and including 32A must disconnect within .4of a second or 400ms? or are these the same values? does that mean my value of 36.2 is well under the 400ms?

RCDs should operate in under 300ms (0.3s) at 1 x IΔn and under 40ms (0.04s) at 5 x IΔn

MCB protection on a Btype mcb is 5x the rating. ie b6=6x5 =30a to flow to disconnect the b6 mcb, is there a time this should disconnect or just the current?

MCBs protecting final circuits rated ≤ 32A should operate in under 0.4 seconds (400ms) on a TN system or 0.2 seconds (200ms) on a TT.

MCBs protecting final circuits rated above 32A or distribution circuits should operate in under 5 seconds on a TN system or 1 second on a TT

thanks
My GREEN

I dont leave any boxes empty ,I always enter n/a ,that way the cert cant be altered by anyone in future.

Is there a value entered for the Next Inspection date on the Certificate ?And Personally I always put 5 years for Inspection label on existing jobs.....10 years for new installations

I would carry on the sequance on the N bar , and remark i.e. 123456 as for the Earth bar.

It needs n/a in signatures section agaist Ammended

Should there be a busbar sheild ?

not looked at the MWC Cert..

a1spark.

Appendix 3. Table 3A ?a1spark.
+1

I think you've got it the wrong way round Andy.

Have a look at 11.2 & 11.3 on pages 91 & 92 of the OSG also.