Pop up sockets in kitchens

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cp2009

Reaction score
Have got a customer who is getting glass splash back going in and wants pop up sockets.Do any of you know a good place to get them from and a good price my local wholsalers seems quite expensive cheers

I think he means something like this:

pop-up-socket_851_1_medium.jpg

**EDIT** SL beat me to it.

I think he means something like this:
pop-up-socket_851_1_medium.jpg

**EDIT** SL beat me to it.
:Applaud :Applaud

only just though Jud!!!!!

only just:Blushing

:x :x:innocent

I was running like crap past Admins door to post that one...

:p

I could hear you just behind me running past the coffee machine....

:| ; \

was it that pile of conduit Apache left lying in the corridor from his shed job that slowed you down!?

:DGuinnessGuinness

Only ever seen them supplied and fitted by our friends the "Kitchen Fitters" TBH
:Applaud :Applaudonly just though Jud!!!!!

only just:Blushing

:x :x:innocent

I was running like crap past Admins door to post that one...

:p

I could hear you just behind me running past the coffee machine....

:| ; \

was it that pile of conduit Apache left lying in the corridor from his shed job that slowed you down!?

:DGuinnessGuinness
Tripped over a big pile of these...

85099.jpg

...left by the "Kitchen Fitters" headbang

Bl00dy good kitchen fitters if they are using those!!!what wrong with twist & tape they normally do!?

ROTFWLROTFWL
I suppose that's why there was a big pile of them in the corridor :innocentROTFWLROTFWLROTFWL

I had to fit one of those once in my outlaws as they put a new kitchen in with glass splashbacks right round the worktop so there was knowhere to put conventional sockets. Within a week the kettle plug had welded itself into the top socket :| .

well guys i have them in my kitchen no problems

the only socket on show that can be seen is the one on the MK cooker 2 gang switch.

its no different to an extension lead...

the only time they are used is to power up the George foreman grill (very rarely) and the laptop on the small breakfast bar we have.

inbuilt microwave

gas hob kettle

job done

i do have a utility room in the garage tho.

These are connected with a 13A plug -

Q - is it then acceptable to plug one (permanently) into a spur as I believe spurs are suposed to be 2 sockets only...

Ta

These are connected with a 13A plug - Q - is it then acceptable to plug one (permanently) into a spur as I believe spurs are suposed to be 2 sockets only...

Ta
If it's protected by a 13A fuse in the plug socket you can plug a hundred extensions in!

A plug into a socket would never be classed as 'permanant' ;)

why not? You can't overload it?
you can on voltage drop alone,

the first extension may only be a little 1.0 cable then you plug in a massive 200m 2.5 home made extension and you suddenly have a massive volt drop and the 1361 will hold in long enough for a fire to start very easily.