Pre Priced Spec

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcgaw81

Reaction score
Has anyone on here priced a pre-priced contract? I have a large contract consisting of

650 house rewires,

1930 Smokes Alarms,

744 Extractor Fans,

All the works has been priced but I have to offer a % discount on the works to try and secure it.

Examples of prices - Rewires

1 Apartment - 30 points -

Be careful you do not end up "buying" the jobs as it a lot of work but if they cost you money you may as well put the kettle on stay at home and wait for the phone to ring.

You could deduct 15% and sub out the smoke detectors for example at a fixed price,you can turn a tidy profit on a job lot.

"i think the arse end has fallen out of this game"

If you were to offer 15% as Andy suggests - what about 7.5% disc now and 7.5% if balance settled in 30 days from invoice?

That way you don't find yourself waiting for the money and if you do they pay you 7.5% for the privilege?

Just a thought

i never offer discounts, the way i win work is quality and workmanship.

often a client will pay more knowing you are not cutting corners or using cheap labour to complete the work.

often subbing work out causes more hassel than its worth .. a samll hand picked crew will be more efficient and create more work at he price you want.

ps: 15% is a lot of money to offer ... you are working ur knackekrs off and paying the vat for them . :(

I like discount for cash but I tell them I am providing materials and a certificate so it is going through my books so thats not an option you can pay cash but it is still the same price.

Batty

But he is priceing for hundreds of jobs so low profit big turnover is the way i would go with that contract, as there will be more than one company tendering for it. However like i said before there is little point in buying jobs just to be busy and making no money.

You have to be carefull here, I once offered a 10% discount which at the time appeared to be a good offer for continued work.

However a 10% discount could work out at

Thanks for the advice, I have to sit down over the next 3-4 days and seriously look at it. There are over 100 different prices to look thru as although it has given a fixed price per property everything is alos itemised.

Apache, the company I do my work for have no problem paying. I'm on my third contract with them now and they have paid me weekly since the first one, not many companies like that. So a discount on quick payment not needed.

Thanks again lads.

If you were to offer 15% as Andy suggests - what about 7.5% disc now and 7.5% if balance settled in 30 days from invoice?That way you don't find yourself waiting for the money and if you do they pay you 7.5% for the privilege?

Just a thought
er... -15% discount patch - he adds 15% on...

The only good one ;) ,

Seriously, I used to be employed for a major company who have over 40000 employees across the whole of the UK. After the contract I was working on finished we parted on good terms.

Now that I have set up on my own the MD of the Scottish Division, my old boss, send me all tenders that they are pricing for and I price the Electrical section.

So the old saying is still true, "its not what you know its who you know"

It is still what you know thou also,
I agree, I know loads of people in various trades and one common denominator when they talk about me is

If you want the right job doing use him, if your not bothered get someone else.

I have a reputation of always doing it right and this has resulted in me losing jobs, but I would rather do 1 job right per week than 5 jobs wrong per week.

Its also well known that I do not like builders, or kitchen fitters except a few who I consider craftsmen ie trained cabinet makers.

I dont really care what they think of me but they all know I do the job right, which is why I often get referalls from higher authorities.

So like mcgaw81 I have the contacts, but I also know what I am doing.