Price Question ;)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddha

Reaction score
How much would you charge for a new installation on a five bedroom,3 bathroom house in london if you were only charging for labour?

As a rough ball park figure? I've heard £65 per point,but this is supply and fit right?

Any help welcome ;)

I charge one hour labour per point, which usually works out about right. Usually actual hours come in under the estimate.

But I've no idea of the hourly rate in London, £65 per hour would not surprise me.

I charge one hour labour per point, which usually works out about right. Usually actual hours come in under the estimate.

But I've no idea of the hourly rate in London, £65 per hour would not surprise me.
thanks dave ;)

And then add a bit for all the time you may spend waiting around because they haven't got all the materials you need
;) thanks mate

Oh & add some for the parking & congestion charges & the days you will go to site to find no materials & have to go home with no work or have to find fill in work to ensure you can pay your bills!

Location can make all the difference, and what the house is like.

If you have a drive to park on and the house is empty in east london could be half the price compared to

been in conjestion zone with parking not near the house and costly parking charges, in an area where working certain hours is permitted with difficult neighbours. Occupied house full of white carpets and expensive stuff inside.

What type of stuff you are having fitted? Standard plastic ceiling rose can take a fraction of the time compared to mega expensive fancy light fitting.

For 5 bed I would start at £5000 and could go 2-3 times more depending on circumstances, and what equipment / specification you are having.

Get a few estimates/ quotes from proper registered electricians that you can trust might help find the a competitive price

Not enough info to even guess. A 5 bed, 3 bath house seems it could be high spec with hundreds of downlights and fancy LED's, data, alarm, aerials  etc etc, but it could also be only 1 pendant and 2 sockets in each room .

Also, I live in London but the suburbs not the city, London is a big place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh & add some for the parking & congestion charges & the days you will go to site to find no materials & have to go home with no work or have to find fill in work to ensure you can pay your bills!
thanks

Location can make all the difference, and what the house is like.

If you have a drive to park on and the house is empty in east london could be half the price compared to

been in conjestion zone with parking not near the house and costly parking charges, in an area where working certain hours is permitted with difficult neighbours. Occupied house full of white carpets and expensive stuff inside.

What type of stuff you are having fitted? Standard plastic ceiling rose can take a fraction of the time compared to mega expensive fancy light fitting.

For 5 bed I would start at £5000 and could go 2-3 times more depending on circumstances, and what equipment / specification you are having.

Get a few estimates/ quotes from proper registered electricians that you can trust might help find the a competitive price
thanks mate

Not enough info to even guess. A 5 bed, 3 bath house seems it could be high spec with hundreds of downlights and fancy LED's, data, alarm, aerials  etc etc, but it could also be only 1 pendant and 2 sockets in each room .

Also, I live in London but the suburbs not the city, London is a big place.
thanks,point taken,its gonna be pretty high spec,eg downlights throughout,perhaps some fancy pendants also in sitting and dining room,pendants over kitchen island,mixture of downlights and walll lights in kitchen.Each room with have at least 4 dso's,ariel points,phone/data points,i'll be fitting alarm and door entry system,outside up/downlights x2 plus light feed in armoured to back of 6 meter garden.speakers in ceiling in kitchen.mirror lights,shaver point,fan with isolator in each bathroom,spurs for underfloor heating,megaflow etc at a guess i'd say 50 downlights in total.

thanks for your replys.

I just dont want to mug myself off with the price,and I know the guys gonna squeeze me,he also knows I'm new to the world of price work!!

Canoeboy said:
I refuse any jobs in London due to

1. Parking

2. Congestion Charges

3. Traffic

4. Parking Tickets

Lifes too short for that sort of stress, I have enough stress with the rest of life.....
Perhaps I could suggest paddling a boat that has one front rather than both ends being front!

It'd sure stress me too!

Latest posts