Professional electrician caught on camera

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy™

©Resident Geordie™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anyone seen the pic in this months PE mag (page 20) with the comment '...but you also have a multi core neutral feed!....'

er... that would be split con, which is acceptable...

maybe Dave Owen needs to go back to college and finish the other 4 days of his week long course...

ad the RCBO pic next to it is brilliant!

and Steps will be proud of the TT'd genny on page 21!

Last edited by a moderator:
for those of you that are too stuck in the digital age and dont have access to old paper magazines, here you go

P5192365.jpg

P5192367.jpg

we have had the genny on here before,

I didnt see anything wrong with it,

dont know why you keep bringing my jobs up TBH :C

as for the multi neutral, well, I did chuckle myself, looks like even PE is lowering itself to the 5WW level.

the other thing got me was, why did it need an RCD to comply with the regs 8 years ago?

but I cant be arsed writing a letter,

now, where did that bloke from the mag that posted on here a while ago go?

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:06 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:05 ----------

Only thing wrong with the Genny was it should have really been a metal bucket to comply
I had 2 nails in the bottom of it bent round the grid.

the other thing got me was, why did it need an RCD to comply with the regs 8 years ago?
i was thinking the same. not enough info to go on, but if an RCD socket was used for a socket that could supply outdoor equipment, or if this was in a block of flats etc, then no RCD may have been required

Thanks for the links you just added to the thread, but care to answer the original point? Namely that the multicore neutral you see is split concentric cable!!

Eight years ago under 16th edition regs, sockets only required RCD if they were considered likely to supply portable equipment used outdoors. So it's not possible to know from the info given whether the board shown in the photo really should have had a RCD or not.

I like your mag. And my apprentice always turns to the photos page first, but if you're going to publish stuff like this, please make some effort to check regs and facts.

Professional electrician used to be in all the local wholesalers but I haven't seen it/ read it for a long time now I thought it had gone bust?!?
PE is available in 1,809 electrical wholesalers and has an ABC audited circulation of 70,171 copies per month. You must be in the monority with not being in the group of 70,000 electricians that do egularly pick up and read PE free of charge every month.

PE serving the industry since 1984.

Professional electrician used to be in all the local wholesalers but I haven't seen it/ read it for a long time now I thought it had gone bust?!?
Still in all the wholesalers round here. (south east)

PE is available in 1,809 electrical wholesalers and has an ABC audited circulation of 70,171 copies per month. You must be in the monority with not being in the group of 70,000 electricians that do egularly pick up and read PE free of charge every month.

PE serving the industry since 1984.
I use electric base in the north east so I will speak to them about getting it on the counter, I used to always pick it up but I think only city's have it near me and I would rather hack my head off with a blunt comb than go in there

Professional electrician was always the sparks choice, 'soft, strong and thoroughly absorbent'. :D

Maybe your just not Professional enough:tongue in cheek

I'm too far out of the loop to get that mag...... withou photos the post is pointless.... ;)
If you ever want one chucking in the post mate just ask, i seem to aquire loads of the things.

Latest posts