Prosecutions under Pat P ??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you all gone barking mad!!Mind you,

where in part p can i find the dog operation section??? ]:) ] :) :eek: :^O
Phtt! :|

ONLY if you are doing it in the kicthen, bathroom or garden!

Or you are installing a new Leg, Head or Tail,

but NOT if the dog is cleaning his own wotsits.. on a 'LICK 4 LICK' basis!!!

:pBlushing:O:^O:^O:^O

{oh... please don't export your dog to the outbidding!}

oh erh!!!!!shouldn't this bit be in the "General chat area" as opposed to "Electrician Talk"? :p ; \Blushing

operating on Dogs indeed!!! :eek: :p

what if you haven't got a Dog?

can I operate on my neighbours Dog? :D ; \ ]:)
No. This is a thread that disended into sillyness. It started as a serious thread. that's the critical point :D

Ok legally you can't operate on your dog VS act 1966 but I was trying to make a point. ]:)

Hi there,

I thought the prosectuions that have gone through fell up two parts - Nothing specifically about breeching Part P of the regs:

1) People pretending to be a member of a SCAM when they were not - hence the scam sues for inapprorpiate use of their trademark/copyright. (nothing to do with Part P)

2) Unsafe work - danger to life, etc.

I don't think there has been a prosecution (successful) where someone has been done for doing a satisfactory/safe installation where they aren't a member of a scam (and have not implied they are a member of a scam)?

D.

I don't think there has been a prosecution (successful) where someone has been done for doing a satisfactory/safe installation where they aren't a member of a scam (and have not implied they are a member of a scam)?

D.
Interesting point there. It sort of raises the issue of a 'competant person'. If the job is safe and done in a competant mannor then by implication that person is competant?

Thoughts?

Interesting point there. It sort of raises the issue of a 'competant person'. If the job is safe and done in a competant mannor then by implication that person is competant?Thoughts?
thoughts are these i know sparks who work for large firms who cut the the cable restraints off downlighters and replace them with ins tape cause its quicker.

Be in no doubt, that unscrupulous people will carry on cutting corners wether they are working for large companys or are part P competant self employed.

One has been a spark for 12 years and still cheats ,who would know unless you get their contract as follow on business!! ]:) ] :) ;)

I actually reported a spark(cowboy) to the NICEIC for claiming he was registered and he wasnt and has far as i know he is still operating and making the false claims and nothing has been done about it so what am i paying my

Going back to the original subject, I cannot actually find any record of prosecutions under Part P regulations (against building regs). The two cases in Professional Electrician, some time ago, were headlined First Part P prosecutions but were not actually prosecuted under Building Regs contravention. Mind you there have been quite a few prosecutions of people allowing smoking in pubs!!!!

How is Part P policed anyway, no one has been to my house to see if any unlawful work has been carried out!!!

Going back to the original subject, I cannot actually find any record of prosecutions under Part P regulations (against building regs). The two cases in Professional Electrician, some time ago, were headlined First Part P prosecutions but were not actually prosecuted under Building Regs contravention. Mind you there have been quite a few prosecutions of people allowing smoking in pubs!!!!How is Part P policed anyway, no one has been to my house to see if any unlawful work has been carried out!!!
Iv'e just rung em.. :eek:

they'll be round to check in the morning! ]:) :^O :^O