Purely by Fluke?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FIAT LUX

Reaction score
Have got the chance to pick up an end-of-line 'old' model Fluke 1652 or 1653 installation tester but all the on-line marketing spiel is telling me that these have now been replaced by the 'new & improved' 1652B and '53B respectively.

Given the difference of a few hundred pounds between the 'old' and the 'new' can anyone tell me if there's actually any significant practical difference/improvement in terms of functionality or reliability? - Thanks!

Welcome to the forum - Bonjour. :)

I have the Fluke 1652 and am very happy with it.

Thanks for the welcome & comments, folks!

If it's really just the leads, and there isn't any major functional or practical difference between the two, then it seems logical to forego the shiny new 'B' model and save a few

hey, what sort of price difference?

I would have no qualms about it if the price was cheap enough,

I use a FLUKE and would buy another one,

the only people with an issuse are the idiots that paid over the odds for a sh1t megger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not heard about that one Steps any particular Megger causing trouble??? (I'm worried now cos I got a 1552)
yep, was one of them new series ones,

well three of them to be honest,

1st one simply blew up,

2nd one blew up and gave me a big dig.

3rd one went in a massive flash, Im just glad i didnt have it round my neck at the time.

pure SH1T,

and I wouldnt let anyone working with me or on one of my jobs use one.

AFAIK they have it sorted now, but I simply wouldnt take the chance,

apparently there was some sort of fault on the 400v circuitry.

I use a metrel MI3000

This has all the functions of the higher end MFTs like phase rotation and ramp test etc, for the money im well pleased, had it about 2 years and it flies through calibration with very accurate results, also consistent readings with my calcard.

I think this was just short of

Thanks again for all your comments/suggestions etc. Have since found an unused/in-box clearance stock 'old' model 1652 on e-bay for

Latest posts