Question about our two favourite subjects - beer and electricity :)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 is water booster from IBCs, yes - runs cleaning equipment, but NOT beer production (to be clarified!!!!!)

Second is beer transfer - from copper to fermenting vessels; and from fermenting vessels to barrels.

It will also have to carrying the caustic for cleaning.

n.b. temp. rating of pump seals is 105 deg. C

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 16:54 ---------- Previous post was made at 16:49 ----------

This is the same premises the thermostatic control board is being used in - almost there with that now..................

Keep getting sidetracked to the pub, or coolers, or stuff!

Now I need to put a `phone & internet in there, too...........................

(got external grade cat5 & BT in store - yippee).

No, the DBs were in t`other pub - that job is STILL awaiting materials!!!!!

One other thing, remember that if you are building control panels to throw 7671 in the back of the van! ;) ; ) ;)

Build the panel to the correct standards, & remember to identify the wiring and provide a drawing, all manuf' data etc. in case there is an issue!

You may be surprised "what" you actually should be providing!

I often don't put all of the stuff into the client pack as they ask why!!!

Right - my bad.

The "new" pump won`t be draining the copper into the fermentation vessels - as THAT process goes through the heat exchanger.

So, "just" peristaltic acid, caustic and beer.

(n.b. The existing pump "pushes" through the H.E., afaiaa)

Never heard the term Peristaltic Acid before.

I know of Peristaltic Pumps, sealed roller cell, thus no contact between pumped fluid & pumping element, see Kidney Dialysis Machine for an example!

Is this "why" the pump is so expensive, i.e. it is a peristaltic pump giving quite high flow rates?

No mate - the flow rate is really quite low (2K lph) - its not a peristaltic pump (wondered if you`d pick that up) - in fact, just ignore that comment - I`m talking nonsense with that bit.

There IS an acid - and I know think it begins with a "P" - and by daft brain filled in the rest.

Sorry :coat

I guess you mean 2kl hr-1?

Around 33 l min-1

Phosphoric Acid?

Perchloric Acid?

Phenic Acid?

Pentetic Acid?

Peroxyacetic Acid?

Phenylic Acid?

Phytic Acid?

There are more, they vary considerably in their attributes and usage!

Okay - more info & update...........

The water flowing through the pressure boosting pump *may* find its way into the beer, at some point.........so it does need to be food-grade.

following a telephone conversation today with one of our members, it may be an idea to match the Lowara pump, so they have a spare if theirs goes faulty?

with regard to the 24V plug / socket - they look like this~:

24vsocket.jpg

24Vplug.jpg

I`m not going to post a pic of the cooler bank yet...........until its finished ( spent most of today sorting the python!)

any chance the plug comes apart similar to a diel ako or sunny boy ac plug? very long shot i know, will get pics to mate tommorrow see if he can get them if you cant source from manufacturer.

The plug will come apart, it's almost like a plastic 2 pin MIL spec.

See how we are fixed Friday, if I have nowt on fire, I'll come down with you if you want and have a look, the makers name will be on the plug too.

I certainly show you an alternative version if you need probably with M&F ends, so you could put a plug/socket arrangement either side of the all if you wanted.

Thanks guys -

n.b. perk no.1 today,..........the first batch of bottles has come back from the plant - 6000 bottles!!!!!

The second one was opened this morning - the guy who does the brewing, his mate & I were "quality control" :) :) :)

Mmmmmmm

I`ve found the manufacturers - need to give em the details on the external dumps; they say they can get `em! Just as well - seems we need a mounting plate for one of em, too :) :) :)