quote for a job

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougal

Reaction score
I have to give a quote for conversion of two wall lights in different rooms into pendants in both. the room above has large plywood boards for the flooring so will need lifting. I have an excel workbook for quoting and it comes up with a price of

I have to give a quote for conversion of two wall lights in different rooms into pendants in both. the room above has large plywood boards for the flooring so will need lifting. I have an excel workbook for quoting and it comes up with a price of

CraigAll depends on what is on floor, furniture in way. You can only price as to how long you think job will take.

Batty
floor is clear apart from a carpet

I think two possibly three boards will need lifting (all next to each other in old loft)

not sure it the timing is right

Craig, what is the software you are using?
It is a excel spreadsheet I bought from some where that i cant remember.

any way I have checked the hourly rate set and it was

dont forget main earthing may need upgraded and RCD's added... even more time and materials
i know that maybe a point to consider

but just as a discussion point.......

in this case would an rcd be required as you are removing cable from a wall ??

i know that maybe a point to consider but just as a discussion point.......

in this case would an rcd be required as you are removing cable from a wall ??
yes as the switch drops are still there.

If you add a cable then you would need to make that to 17th, if you removed a cable, there wouldnt be a cable worked on (thats still there) to be upgraded to 17th

If you add a cable then you would need to make that to 17th, if you removed a cable, there wouldnt be a cable worked on (thats still there) to be upgraded to 17th
but then there is an alteration to the circuit which would then require the rcd

It could also be said that there would not be a need for an rcd if the home owner was an 'instructed person'

most light switches and cable are close to the door furniture and then not likely to be hit with a picture nail.