Board change help

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like you may not have read page 2 of the guide either?
As it does not profess to be.. It is a joint contribution document by 13 listed trades bodies / organisations.. Who believe the information to be correct...

And also states that feedback is welcome from anyone..
So if you have concerns about accuracy of any of the guidance there is an e-mail address you can use.. (But possibly you do not consider that any of 13 listed bodes have any industry related relevance or useful purpose, to offer anyone ?)

View attachment 16974

View attachment 16973

I have added a couple of images to assist, as at appears you don't like searching / reading too much yourself?
I don't own this Guide and have no reason to consult it.

While putting the 2 circuits on the same RCD may stop the RCD from tripping it’s still very far from being compliant, if they were put on the same MCB then that’d be fine though
In the past ,More electricians were killed due to a borrowed neutral , by thinking they have isolated the circuit ,but when they go to disconnect the neutral it is now a live conductor ,having been fed from another live circuit ....

In the past ,More electricians were killed due to a borrowed neutral , by thinking they have isolated the circuit ,but when they go to disconnect the neutral it is now a live conductor ,having been fed from another live circuit ....

exactly. do your safe isolation and test all is dead, all good. break a neutral connection and that neutral is now live. yet many 'electricians' & DIYers can't understand this

One of my staff got a serious belt off a borrowed neutral.

A few years back i was carrying out mod's to motor control panels .Taking out 26 star/delta starters ,and fitting Danfoss VLT inverters for energy savings at the Burrell museum Glasgow.
The Electrician who was working with me, had not experienced a borrowed neutral scenario.
All motor control panels had door lock isolators .Sure enough, on one panel i had found a borrowed neutral, with door isolator switched off, i showed him the implications of this .That day he understood the ramifications of not diligently testing all the time .
Ps Also Retired 3 years now, and loving it ...