Quoting & Pricing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thewiz

Reaction score
Hello, I have been quoting jobs for many years but I have never priced a job per point. It's getting so busy as the moment that we are pricing around 3 jobs a week. As you all know this takes a long time to get tenders ready.

I was wondering what methods you all use to price?

E.g.

per socket = £

Per pendants = £

Per light switch = £

Per down light and so on? If I could get a rough guide I feel this would be easier and faster than spending hours going through each job.

Cheers

Mainly domestic for pricing per point. I don't want to use per point pricing with commercial & industrial projects.

50 per socket

30 per switch

20 per pendant

25 per Gu10 down light

200 per 10 way cu

Something along those lines thoughts please

£60 per point, £450 per CU, though I dont personally price jobs this way. If you do go o to per point pricing, always research materials cost and add a percentage on to your bottom line, unexpected issues always seem to crop up. On top of that, always do a basic plus from yadda, yadda, yadda.

Andy Guinness

What methods do you use? Just need a simple way of doing things that doesn't takes hours and hours.

That's why it takes so long.

I'm thinking if I have a basic price per point it wouldn't take so long and be easier when pricing a large amount of houses.

the problem is price per point,

you will either be waaaay expensive for an empty bungalow and lose a loadacash for an occupied dorma with a flat roof extension on the kitchen and concrete floors.