Radial Cicuit Values ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dougie23

Reaction score
Can anyone help me on this question i have please ??

What value of R1 + R2 would you expect on a radial circuit comprising of 30 mtrs of 2.5mm2 cable with a 1.5mm2 cpc ??

How do i work this out ??

Thanks For Helping....

What you are being asked here is to find the resistance per meter of 2.5mm with 1.5mm cpc cable, and then times by 30m

The values for resistance per meter are found in the on site guide, they may also be in bs7671 but i can't confirm that.

no worries, giving the answer would be too easy.

Its useful to have these value to hand when fault finding. If you have a dead short you can work out the distance of the fault from where your testing.

Great , Found it, Thanks for the help , On-site Guide Appendix I ,Cheers
Keep the corner of page 182 folded over...

it is a very useful page1 ;)

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 17:00 ---------- Previous post was made at 16:56 ----------

What you are being asked here is to find the resistance per meter of 2.5mm with 1.5mm cpc cable, and then times by 30mThe values for resistance per meter are found in the on site guide, they may also be in bs7671 but i can't confirm that.
I don't think you will find the resistance per meter values in BS7671 ;)

But they are in Guidance Notes #1 and #3 and the on site guide.

:coffee

also once you've got that page, write divide by 1000 on it to convert into resistance per meter in ohms.