Rated People

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extension15

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.ratedpeople.com/

Well anybody dealt with them?

(It's quite cheap to initially enrol)

Mrs Extension15, wants me to give them a try, but I'm not convinced, that they will provide the extra work I'm looking for..

thoughts anyone?

Again, It comes down to the old saying, EXT...

" If it sounds too good to be true - then usually it is ".

Regards,

Admin.

Exto,

My cousin (a tiler) is on that site been on it 2 months now I think.

The first week he joined he had 6 enquiries in the first few days, he gave quotes & heard naff all else & hasnt since. He suspects they were set up calls if you get my drift.

I have dealt with them, been with them for a year and used them twice (both free credits) I havent paid them anything yet. I get an average two jobs per day that come thru via email, you just pay if you want the contact details (name, number etc)

I have no problems with it, i just dont really need them at the moment.

Geezz Ext - I am surprised mate. Get a new 'missus'!!

Yellow Pages are Naff as are these money grabbing shytes.

If you need this type of thing then something is really wrong with your business model UNLESS you started up as a sole-trader within the past few months.

It takes about 3 years to build a database of 'repeat customers' and less if your good/reasonable to create a database of 'reference customers' (friends of you actual customers). By the way it takes about 10 minutes to undo all this hard work. :eek:

I advertised as a one shot in local papers when I first started off and these Ads ran for 3 months. Never advertised again since. Not being 'big headed' its just reality.

One Golden Rule - out there in the World there about 15% of people are able to do a real valuable and worthwhile job, and you are one of them. The rest (85%) are useless and could not hold down a proper job no matter how hard they try. So what do these useless people do? Get a job as a politician or in advertising etc. - either way they ride on YOUR back!!

Geezz Ext - I am surprised mate. Get a new 'missus'!!Yellow Pages are Naff as are these money grabbing shytes.

If you need this type of thing then something is really wrong with your business model UNLESS you started up as a sole-trader within the past few months.

It takes about 3 years to build a database of 'repeat customers' and less if your good/reasonable to create a database of 'reference customers' (friends of you actual customers). By the way it takes about 10 minutes to undo all this hard work. :eek:

I advertised as a one shot in local papers when I first started off and these Ads ran for 3 months. Never advertised again since. Not being 'big headed' its just reality.

One Golden Rule - out there in the World there about 15% of people are able to do a real valuable and worthwhile job, and you are one of them. The rest (85%) are useless and could not hold down a proper job no matter how hard they try. So what do these useless people do? Get a job as a politician or in advertising etc. - either way they ride on YOUR back!!
2 years in business, the private CASH jobs have gone very quiet..

I do a lot on account, or bigger 1st/2nd fix jobs, hence cash flow problem.

Just wanted conformation, that I would be possibly wasting my time, even more so perhaps with the economic climate.

As for return business and word of mouth, those areas are growing, some customers have been back 3, 4 some 5 times even..

Points noted wabbit..B)

I just registered. Work a bit quiet for me. Been doing roofing all week:_|. Didnt have to give any credit card details & they didnt want any money (yet) so I'll let you know how it goes.

Sorry Ext now I read my posting again it comes over a bit harsh mate.

If ya want cash jobs then advertise in ya local free-bee (to readers) rag. You will bet all the little old ladies that want this and that done, then yo will get all their friends calling you up especially if you are polite and drink Earl Grey tea with ya little digit stuck up in the air. Then be really polite and nice to them and sound like a real 'gent' it's all cash in hand and they are good payers because they are principled (unlike the credit card wielding kids of today)

Sorry Ext now I read my posting again it comes over a bit harsh mate.If ya want cash jobs then advertise in ya local free-bee (to readers) rag. You will bet all the little old ladies that want this and that done, then yo will get all their friends calling you up especially if you are polite and drink Earl Grey tea with ya little digit stuck up in the air. Then be really polite and nice to them and sound like a real 'gent' it's all cash in hand and they are good payers because they are principled (unlike the credit card wielding kids of today)
No problem wabbit, business has gone very quiet (30 day business to one side)..

Not sure if I can realistically can consider this lifestyle of uncertainty, given the economic climate.

And I really don't want to give up being self employed..

; \

I joined for the same reasons, got some rewires out of it but mostly repairs, in the end i packed it in. Too may people think its a site to find cheap labour, i'd go to price jobs and the client brings out a big box of materials from screwfix. Not for me.